Oil Change

I do not live anywhere near a dealer and wanted my 2007 LS460 oil change locally. Mechanic said he could not get oil filter. After searching the internet, neither could I. Any suggestions?

Call your local dealer and have them ship one. I needed a tranny drain plug and my lexus dealer sent it out speedy delivery at no cost for delivery. Now that is service. :cheers:

You can also order the oil filters online from one of the many Lexus parts outlets, try www.lexus-parts.com.

The Lexus filter is one of the better filters anyways. You should be using it regardless of who changes your oil.

They may not have the filter.

I searched the internet including Lexus-parts.com and everything seems available except this particular oil filter. I am going to go to the dealer and just make a day of it.

It may be a different filter not everybody has in stock yet. Call Lexus-Parts.com, its run by Sewell Lexus in TX, they service LS460s they must have the flters they may not be on the site yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Toyota in general must be going to this "new" design (really it is an older design, similar to what I've had on old Alfa Romeos). This new for Toyota design is also on the new Tundra pickup (at least on the new 5.7L engine).

I hate trucks like the Tundra, unless you are in construction etc.

Any Toyota dealer can order the filter for you. Here is the part # 0415238010. You can also order one from

http://www.irontoad.com

Remember the car takes 9.1 quarts of 0W20 oil that can also be purchased at your Toyota dealership. You can also

purchase Mobil 1 the same oil used by Toyota from an auto parts store for around $6 per quart.

Craig

• 1 month later...
Any Toyota dealer can order the filter for you. Here is the part # 0415238010. You can also order one from

http://www.irontoad.com

Remember the car takes 9.1 quarts of 0W20 oil that can also be purchased at your Toyota dealership. You can also

purchase Mobil 1 the same oil used by Toyota from an auto parts store for around $6 per quart.

Craig

I paid $9.49 for the filter at a Lexus dealer and plan to use Quaker State 5-20W at my 8,000 mile oil change. Had the free 5,000 mile oil & filter change at the dealer and they did a sloppy job. I plan to change the oil every 3K going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally ordered mine from my dealer (15 a pop) in NM. We live in WY. It's an odd filter but an experienced jiffy lube can do it if they have changed Toyotas. I suspect it's the same one as used in the Toyo V8 and much cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally ordered mine from my dealer (15 a pop) in NM. We live in WY. It's an odd filter but an experienced jiffy lube can do it if they have changed Toyotas. I suspect it's the same one as used in the Toyo V8 and much cheaper.

Subscribing

All LS460's come filled from the factory with full synthetic oil.

I asked my salesman in Albuquerque what the 460 shipped with. He said it was a syn blend and he didn't know the weight. I'm using Mobil 1 5-20 but would prefer 0-20 esp in the cold of WY. I should have talked to the service manager...