Navigation System Confused?

This may sound strange, but I was experimenting with my RX 350 nav system, and I punched in my home address from a location about 15 miles due south of the house.

What's weird is that the system kept trying to tell me to go south, when clearly, I should be going north. Every time I approached another exit on the freeway, it told me to exit, turn around, and start going south. Strangest thing.. I finally turned it off, because I got tired of it telling me to turn around..

Anybody ever experienced something like this, or have any idea what it might be? The normal map display is acurate in terms of current location, etc., so that seems to be okay..

I'm puzzled on this one, and I'll definitely bring it up with the dealer when I have it in next time; I'll also continue to experiment with it, but thought somebody might know what this might be..

Thanks!

Make sure no route preferences were set. You can set the system to prefer surface roads for instance.

Also set the speeds used to calculate time to your average speeds.

you should click on INFO or something and see the "route preview". See if you do eventually get to your house.

Be sure it's trying to take you to YOUR address. In my town there are a few streets with the same name, and I need to select NW, SW, etc at the end to get to the right one. Also, be sure your nav map is set to the right part of the country - it may be trying to take you to a similar address in Florida....

This may sound strange, but I was experimenting with my RX 350 nav system, and I punched in my home address from a location about 15 miles due south of the house.

What's weird is that the system kept trying to tell me to go south, when clearly, I should be going north. Every time I approached another exit on the freeway, it told me to exit, turn around, and start going south. Strangest thing.. I finally turned it off, because I got tired of it telling me to turn around..

Anybody ever experienced something like this, or have any idea what it might be? The normal map display is acurate in terms of current location, etc., so that seems to be okay..

I'm puzzled on this one, and I'll definitely bring it up with the dealer when I have it in next time; I'll also continue to experiment with it, but thought somebody might know what this might be..

Thanks!

In the 6 years I have owned my '01 about onc ea year or so it seems to get confused in that way, wants a legal U-turn when the destination is still miles away in the direction I'm traveling. Even had instances wherein it guided me to a location clearly not the correct one. In almost all cases a "reselection" of the destination cleared the problem up.