Tire Sizes For 92 Ls 400

acflye

Hello all Lexus owners.......I have a question about tire sizes.....I am currently running 245/45 R18 on my 92 LS 400, I am thinking of going with 235/40 ZR18........has anyone put this size on a Lexus and how did it ride........what is a common size for 18" wheels......thanks

Wow! +3 wheels on a 90-92 LS400?

The difference between 245/45 R18 tires and 235/40 ZR18 tires on a 90-92 gen 1 LS400 (OEM wheel size 15 inch) is like the difference between hitting yourself in the head with a 30 pound sledgehammer and hitting yourself in the head with a 31 pound sledgehammer.

Incredibly harsh ride either way.

I did a wheel and tire replacement on mine.. I have 235/35/19.. the ride is still the same as i have it with the stock rim and tires.

Are you saying that ride with a "plus four" set-up is the same cushy ride as with the stock 6.5 x 15 wheels and 205/65 tires?

I did a wheel and tire replacement on mine.. I have 235/35/19.. the ride is still the same as i have it with the stock rim and tires.

Are you saying that ride with a "plus four" set-up is the same cushy ride as with the stock 6.5 x 15 wheels and 205/65 tires?

YES.. i did not feel any difference on the ride.. only changed is it is a little better on corner.. nothing changed on gas mileage too.. well maybe because my ride is not lowered also that why is has the same ride effect even for a "plus four" setup

YES.. i did not feel any difference on the ride.. only changed is it is a little better on corner.. nothing changed on gas mileage too.. well maybe because my ride is not lowered also that why is has the same ride effect even for a "plus four" setup

Well ... I guess you ARE in sunny southern California - land of smooth roads - rather than in the "land of potholes" and the "snow belt" like me. Kansas City, Missouri has been rated as having the absolutely worst streets in the U.S. I think what I read said that the poor streets cause the average driver about $500 in repairs each year.