Fan Problems

Payton34

Have any clues to why my fan doesn't work all the time. I go to turn on AC and a little cool air is coming out, so the air works, but the fan isn't pusing anything out. It does work everyonce in a while, but of late more times then not it does not work.

Any suggetions before I have to take it to Lexus and get bent over?

Thanks for your help

Payton 34

Sounds like you may have an ac leak. Ususally as the freon pressure drops, it won't engage the system and the ac fans stop as well. You might need to pressure test your ac. You can have that done at a Firestone, Gator Action Tire or some place like that for less than fifty bucks. Atleast you'll find out what the problem is before you go to the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
Have any clues to why my fan doesn't work all the time. I go to turn on AC and a little cool air is coming out, so the air works, but the fan isn't pusing anything out. It does work everyonce in a while, but of late more times then not it does not work.

Any suggetions before I have to take it to Lexus and get bent over?

Thanks for your help

Payton 34

Well had to the Lexus in to figure out what the fan problem was and for $100 found out that it is the fan blower motor and for another $300 could get it new motor. I said no thank you and went on my way.....fan has worked ever since, but I'm sure some day soon I will have to replace it, anyone no how to do this or where the motor is located?

Thanks,

Payton34

The blower is behind the glove compartment. If you take out the gove box and then the cabin filter you'll be looking at the fan. I think the motor is just a driect drive under the fan, but I don't know how to change it.