Consumer Reports...

Lexusfreak

Hey folks,

The wife will be purchasing a brand new home in the very near future......I am searching for some back issues (within the last year) of Consumer Reports magazine that have ratings & evaluations of major appliances. I've checked with 3 of the largest libraries here & have not been able to dig these up.......if anyone has any they are willing to part with them, please let me know. Much appreciated. B)

:cheers:

I've been a subscriber to Consumer Reports Magazine, and also online for many years. You'll find that by the time that they test out an appliance, and publish their findings, the model is generally discontinued, and most likely you can't find it in any appliance stores.

So my suggestion is to subscribe to http://www.consumerreports.org/. On this website you can search out old reports and tests very easily. A 1 month subscription is $5.95 This is great for doing the type of reference you need.

HAHAHA!!!! Another victim of "what's mine, is MINE...what's yours, is mine, and what's ours, is MINE too!" Well, guess you better do as I did, get wireless internet and a laptop for the garage, so you can communicate to the outside world from your only "man-land" workbench....well, that is until she starts her flower planting...then you're screwed!!! Hey LexusFreak, I'll be up in your neck of the woods in July for the Canadian open "financed the course last fall"....kegger at your new house? Party party party!!! Hey, I'm the perfect friend man, come into town, give you an excuse to buy that 62in HDTV 1080p turbo Plasma, chug a case a beer, introduce yourself to the neighborhood as "I'm steve, and this is my mildly mental brother-in-law rob, who is peeing on your bushes". HAHA!!!

PARTY AT 420 FREAKY FREAK LANE!!!! JULY!!!

Seriously though, your question.. I don't have consumer reports, but I have checked out www.epinions.com for reviews. Infact, just bought a new king size simmons bed this past weekend, and read a bunch of good reviews on it from that site. If you need a vacume cleaner, I can vouch that the Dyson Animal "purple" is well worth the obscene price tag! It rocks!!

So is she going to let you live in her new house? LOL

Lol....funny guy Steve! :P This will be our second home together so we share things very well.....but that garage is ALL mine! :D :lol:

Thanks for that suggestion amf.....I think that's exactly what I will do. B)

Vacuum cleaner: i vouch for Dyson as well. I bought the Yellow one for $430 cause i dont have pets. Really, i never knew how much junk was on my carpets...

Refrigerator: I just bought the Kenmore Elite Trio (with the french doors) for $2300. So far so good. I love the pull out freezer drawer. LG makes good ones too now...

Stoves: go with Viking always

Washer/Dryer: I hear good things from Kenmore and LG

if you just go to sears.com you can read reviews from people who have bought the product. Might be good enough instead of searching for consumer reports.

Vacuum cleaner: i vouch for Dyson as well. I bought the Yellow one for $430 cause i dont have pets. Really, i never knew how much junk was on my carpets...

Refrigerator: I just bought the Kenmore Elite Trio (with the french doors) for $2300. So far so good. I love the pull out freezer drawer. LG makes good ones too now...

Stoves: go with Viking always

Washer/Dryer: I hear good things from Kenmore and LG

if you just go to sears.com you can read reviews from people who have bought the product. Might be good enough instead of searching for consumer reports.

I work for Sears Canada so I can get awesome deals with my employee discount.....just need to make sure we get the 'good' Kenmore stuff lol. I've heard nothing but good things about those Dyson vacuum cleaners too......little pricy though....but you get what you pay for. ;)

What???? You work at Sears and have a discount???? How did this information get over-looked???? I need more tools man!! I'm a bribe'n guy, and love Subaru's too! Only cool people drive Subarus, it's an elite club of the greatest guys on Earth.... In fact, I think Jesus drove a Subbie, just like you!!!

Outside of the Dyson, the only other advice I can offer "as my appliances are originals from 98'" is that we have a GE microwave, that has a button that cooks the food by itself, with temp sensors. No need to time anything, just hit "reheat". And, it actually works! So if you see one with that option, it's not a gimick, it really works. And for a kitchenly-challenged guy like me, has helped me realize the newlywed "Tubby-Hubby-Twenty". :cheers:

What???? You work at Sears and have a discount???? How did this information get over-looked???? I need more tools man!! I'm a bribe'n guy, and love Subaru's too! Only cool people drive Subarus, it's an elite club of the greatest guys on Earth.... In fact, I think Jesus drove a Subbie, just like you!!!

lol nc......Sears does not necessarily always have the best deals even with my discount (but I did get a Craftsman 3/4 HP garage door opener for like 65% off), but if I was near ya, I'd be more than happy to help. The secret to the discount is to get something already embarrassingly on sale, plus the discount. :ph34r: