Ls430

patcom

Just purchased a 2006 LS 430 with 9998 miles on it.The Texas dealer I bought it from does not yet have the title from the financing company.I have put 66 miles on it and now have a red light with an exclamation point.The message says main req'd.The first place I went to said it probably needs an oil change.Did that and no change.Is there any easy way to deal with this without waiting for the title and the warranty transfer?Thanks for any info.

Just purchased a 2006 LS 430 with 9998 miles on it.The Texas dealer I bought it from does not yet have the title from the financing company.I have put 66 miles on it and now have a red light with an exclamation point.The message says main req'd.The first place I went to said it probably needs an oil change.Did that and no change.Is there any easy way to deal with this without waiting for the title and the warranty transfer?Thanks for any info.

It most likely was the oil change but you must reset the light after each time.

1-turn ignition over to accessory "on"

2-go to your trip odometer and push past Trip 1 and Trip 2 until you get to the "blank"

3-turn "key" off

4-now turn ignition back "on" with one hand and hold the trip reset button in with the other hand for 5 seconds

This should clear the warning light.

2-go to your trip odometer and push past Trip 1 and Trip 2 until you get to the "blank"

3-turn "key" off

4-now turn ignition back "on" with one hand and hold the trip reset button in with the other hand for 5 seconds

3-turn "key" off

Thanks JDK I tried your procedure and it worked fine.Never had that problem with my 1993 or 2000 LS400's.I guess there is always something to learn about these cars.