Removing Rear Door Panel

My right rear window on my 02 es300 has stopped responding to the up/down switch, although i still hear it clicking, just like the other guy from not too long ago. It started going out intermittently, not working for a day, then working for a few weeks, but it's been out all week this week so I figure it's just the dirty contact and I'm going to try and clean it this weekend. I've tried finding instructions for removing the rear door panel, but no luck. Is there anything to look out for when taking the door panel off and cleaning the switch? Are there any detailed instructions on the net, for free or for pay?

Thanks a lot!

My right rear window on my 02 es300 has stopped responding to the up/down switch, although i still hear it clicking, just like the other guy from not too long ago. It started going out intermittently, not working for a day, then working for a few weeks, but it's been out all week this week so I figure it's just the dirty contact and I'm going to try and clean it this weekend. I've tried finding instructions for removing the rear door panel, but no luck. Is there anything to look out for when taking the door panel off and cleaning the switch? Are there any detailed instructions on the net, for free or for pay?

Thanks a lot!

I just got through messing with the front door panels on my 93 ES300. Your 92 should be not much different I'd guess. Basically you need to look for a screw or two or three usually hiding under a plastic cap that you pop off. Once you've removed those then you need to pop the bottom of the panel free. It's held on with those plastic clips that you can sometimes re-use but sometimes they break. If they break you should be able to find suitable replacements at most auto part stores.

Last year I had a passenger window problem on a Chrysler minivan. Took the passenger door apart and invested a lot of time and effort putzing around with the motor and the switch with no luck. In the end the problem was with the master switch in the driver's door. Seems the power is routed there first and because of a fault there the right door was not receiving any juice to work with. I replaced the driver side switch with a second hand one and presto the right side worked fine. I guess the main switch in the drivers door tends to get a lot more use and therefore is likely to wear out sooner. I don't know if Japanese cars are the same but I thought I'd pass it on to you just in case.

• 3 months later...

Thanks a lot!

I think you don't need to remove the entire panel for just cleaning the switch. I thing you should get the plastic that holds the swith out the panel without removing the panel itself.

Into this same site it is described the way to get the switch holder out. If you have an ash tray, pry it out and remove the screw under it. Then consider the plastic holding the switch as havind two parts: Ash tray and switch. Pry up the ash tray side of that plastic and dettach the switch harness.

I hope have helped you.