Brainstorm Session! Technology In My Car

okay i have some ideas and want some input.

How about installing a computer in my car? I could keep it in the trunk and install monitors in the front. What can i do about power consumption. considering the computer would be about $500 what would cost be for everythign else? what about mounting a lap top? where would i mount it and still be able to have a passanger? help me think.

I hate ppl that tail gate!!! i never do it and believe that its evil. Is it possible display the rear view camera while driving regularly just to see how close the punk is? i accidentally put the car in reverse while driving once and nothing happend but the camera turned on!! i was suprised and impressed. Lexus safety features. but i dont want to make it a habbit of doing so. send those ideas.

dvd console using nav screen. the computer idea or dvd player using the nav screen? possible? after market switch but who cares!! that'd be awesome.

any reccomendations you guys could make or new ideas would be awesome. lets just type, read, and discuss.

okay i have some ideas and want some input.

How about installing a computer in my car? I could keep it in the trunk and install monitors in the front. What can i do about power consumption. considering the computer would be about $500 what would cost be for everythign else? what about mounting a lap top? where would i mount it and still be able to have a passanger? help me think.

I hate ppl that tail gate!!! i never do it and believe that its evil. Is it possible display the rear view camera while driving regularly just to see how close the punk is? i accidentally put the car in reverse while driving once and nothing happend but the camera turned on!! i was suprised and impressed. Lexus safety features. but i dont want to make it a habbit of doing so. send those ideas.

dvd console using nav screen. the computer idea or dvd player using the nav screen? possible? after market switch but who cares!! that'd be awesome.

any reccomendations you guys could make or new ideas would be awesome. lets just type, read, and discuss.

Tablet PC with built in Verizon or Cingular Service...

www.mp3car.com . They have a huge forum that covers everything form hardware [custom and off the shelf] to software [custom and off the shelf]. They also have a store.

www.mini-box.com - Store.

Those are the main places I went to, but there are many other places on the net. You can google "mini itx" or "car pc" and come up with tons of sites.

Both are good resources. I had a puter in my WRX. I still have the puter, but now that I have the IS350, I dont need it in my car anymore. I ended up spending about 800 for the puter [GPS, wireless and everything but the monitor], and you can get a 7 inch touchscreen for about 250.

let me know if you have any questions.

cg

Were you asking about a DVD player in the nav unit? The system I have does that and more if that was the question. And as far as hooking a computer up i have an even better idea. How about a wireless keyboard, Computer drive stays in the trunk, and the DVD/ nav screen is also the puter screen?