Rearview Morror Tilt

In my is250 w/ premium package and navi my mirrors do not dip or angle downward when i go into reverse. I heard that they are supposed to. Does this mean they are broken? Also i heard of a button to have the mirrors fold up. I cant find any type of button anywhere. Please help!?!?! i dont have ML or AWD. thanks!!!

In my is250 w/ premium package and navi my mirrors do not dip or angle downward when i go into reverse. I heard that they are supposed to. Does this mean they are broken? Also i heard of a button to have the mirrors fold up. I cant find any type of button anywhere. Please help!?!?! i dont have ML or AWD. thanks!!!

Make sure the mirror adjustment switch is positioned to "adjust" the drivers or passanger's mirror - make sure the switch is NOT in the center or NEUTRAL position. This should work.

Also there is no mirror fold-in option (at least on the 06)... whadda ya think it is, a Benz S class?

If all elese fails ... R.Y.D.M

Make sure the mirror adjustment switch is positioned to "adjust" the drivers or passanger's mirror - make sure the switch is NOT in the center or NEUTRAL position. This should work.

Also there is no mirror fold-in option (at least on the 06)... whadda ya think it is, a Benz S class?

Mine has dipping mirrors, and they also fold at the press of a button on the door panel :huh:

Mine has dipping mirrors, and they also fold at the press of a button on the door panel :huh:

The fold in feature must be a European (UK) specific option.

Here in the States, only the dip down feature is available. The mirrors will move in toward the body if you MANUALLY push them in.

According to the Lexus website, the Premium Pkg does not include tilt-down rearview mirrors.

PREMIUM Pkg or LUXURY Pkg.

Premium Package $1,290 [3]

Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim

Perforated leather-trimmed interior

Heated and ventilated front seats

If you have the Lux Pkg (Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse) the mirrors will tilt down in reverse if the mirror adjustment rocker switch is in the left or right position, but not the middle.

the tilting is standard on all lexus models regardless of package i think. Keep it on Left or Right and not the center (we are talking about the buttons for setting your side mirrors)

benz is right about the folding mirrors. Not available in the US. Only Japan and Euro models have these because they usually part in tight spaces.

the tilting is standard on all lexus models regardless of package i think. Keep it on Left or Right and not the center (we are talking about the buttons for setting your side mirrors)

benz is right about the folding mirrors. Not available in the US. Only Japan and Euro models have these because they usually part in tight spaces.

Tilt down side view mirrors are not std on the IS--you need to get the Lux Pkg or the Sport Pkg.

Not true. Tilt mirrors are not standard on 2nd gen IS models.

Just a slightly cheaper spec for the US market, and I should think so too...we pay over $64,000 for a fully specced SE-L :angry: ...and that's calculating with the current high £ to $ rate.

Just a slightly cheaper spec for the US market, and I should think so too...we pay over $64,000 for a fully specced SE-L :angry: ...and that's calculating with the current high £ to $ rate.

How much is the infamous VAT on a new IS there?

How much is the infamous VAT on a new IS there?

Value added tax is still 17.5%. Doesn't bear think about really especially as you've already paid income tax on the money you're purchasing the car with. There are countries where it would cost you more though e.g. Southern Ireland, Singapore and Norway etc.

Most of the mods to my car have been purchased in the US and carried back with me courtesy of British Airways, a full OEM ground effects kit and trunk lip plus a set of US spec Eibach springs all carried back as single units on various visits over the last 18 months....Get a few strange glances from fellow passengers at check in and the baggage conveyor :lol: