Open Door Ring/beep

when i have the door open it beeps like crazy. its especially irratating on my IS250. My civic wasnt nearly as bad. Is there anyway of turning this off?

You mean permanently or just as it happens? If I have the door open and want to stop the alarm I just push the closure switch in once and it stops.

when i have the door open it beeps like crazy. its especially irratating on my IS250. My civic wasnt nearly as bad. Is there anyway of turning this off?

You mean permanently or just as it happens? If I have the door open and want to stop the alarm I just push the closure switch in once and it stops.

Must be another Euro thing. I just tried it and it resumes beeping.

SO many small differences in the specs...why?? We don't have autolock in the UK, although most people here would like to have it. Dealers say it's not an option/programmable. Same deal with the folding mirrors, the UK model has them but the US one does not, although at least there's a partial explanation on that one, as in the drivers door panel is a different part number anyway due to being right hand drive. Presumably the UK and Australian spec is same or very similar to the Japanese spec, and they saved a few cents with the LH drive spec. Would be interesting to know if the European L.H drive model is more similar to the US spec.

SO many small differences in the specs...why?? We don't have autolock in the UK, although most people here would like to have it. Dealers say it's not an option/programmable. Same deal with the folding mirrors, the UK model has them but the US one does not, although at least there's a partial explanation on that one, as in the drivers door panel is a different part number anyway due to being right hand drive. Presumably the UK and Australian spec is same or very similar to the Japanese spec, and they saved a few cents with the LH drive spec. Would be interesting to know if the European L.H drive model is more similar to the US spec.

My Australian delivered IS250 has the folding mirrors, but don't know about auto lock, I haven't seen it written anywhere. Also we don't get the 350 :censored: , but will be getting the IS-F next year.....apparently.

It seems to depend on the order of things done.

If you open the driver door before turning off the engine (like Microsoft, by pressing the "start" button!!!), it beeps. It keeps on beeping even if you switch off by then.

If you switch everything off first than open the driver door, it won't beep. But if you try to turn on other things, such as the audio system with the driver door opened even without the engine running, it beeps.

Check with your dealer, it is possible that the beeping is a programmable item but it needs special equipment to set the defaults.