Need A New Master Key In Va/md/dc Area

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2000 LS400 with a valet key only. I've called a half dozen dealers in this area and they confirm the ECU is free but want to charge anywhere from $580 up to $900 for the cost of 2 master keys, programming, and labor to install the ECU.

I need to find a Tom Woods of Indianapolis in this area that will do the whole job for $150.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Dave

P.S.--2000 LS400 cannot be reflashed I found out.

There is a Tom Woods Toyota in Indianapolis.

Tom

I know there is a Tom Woods in Indianapolis, my point was that I had heard he would do it cheap. I called him today and they were clueless about the free ECU offer from Lexus and were talking several hundred in keys before transferring me to service to discuss labor cost...I hung up.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I now cannot get into my trunk as I accidentally pushed the lock button and valet key won't work on that lock.

HELP!

Here's what you do,

Take the car back to the dealer who sold it to you and demand they pay to have the system replaced. This is part of the cost associated with owning a vehicle with a modern, sophisticated anti-theft system. All modern cars are like this, its not just Lexus.

To save some cost you can at least buy the keys online at www.lexus-parts.com. They have master keys for like $150 each.

Here's what you do,

Take the car back to the dealer who sold it to you and demand they pay to have the system replaced. This is part of the cost associated with owning a vehicle with a modern, sophisticated anti-theft system. All modern cars are like this, its not just Lexus.

To save some cost you can at least buy the keys online at www.lexus-parts.com. They have master keys for like $150 each.

Thanks--I'm working with the owner of that dealership now.

Good, he really should help you with this. Selling one of these cars without the master key is unethical IMHO.

Hope it works out!

Agreed. Dealer gave me $300 on top of the $600 sale discount. Total price to get ECU, programming, keys will be $270 out my pocket. Independent dealer sells only high end cars so I'm SURE they knew about it and I did not so I am the sucker.

In the end, I'm probably better off with a free ECU and 2 new keys anyway.

Lessons learned--always check to see if there is a working master key when you buy a 2000 LS400.

Dave