Dead Battery?

This morning when I tried to put some stuff in trunk I noticed the trunk was not opening. I was holding down the trunk open key on the remote. Still no go. Got suspicious and tried to open driver side door. It opened, without beep. hmmm... I pushed the trunk release button and still no pop. Tried start button, nothing came on. So I guess the battery died overnight for some reason.

I am trying to understand what can cause the battery to die. I was fiddling with my phone last night and may have left the interior lights on. But from the owner's manual, I see that the interior lights if left on will go off after 20 mins to save the battery. I am sure headlights turn off after 30seconds. So what other things may cause it?

Thanks

Mir

Perhaps you had the car in "Accessory" (or whatever its called) so that you could play with the phone book without the engine. Then when you were finished tinkering, you went inside without cyclying through the push button to get to "off". My guess is that none of the battery savers would override in the accessory mode.

Or maybe you just had a bum battery that was on its way out.

Perhaps you had the car in "Accessory" (or whatever its called) so that you could play with the phone book without the engine. Then when you were finished tinkering, you went inside without cyclying through the push button to get to "off". My guess is that none of the battery savers would override in the accessory mode.

Or maybe you just had a bum battery that was on its way out.

You maybe onto something. That is quite possible I may have left it in ACC mode. But I do remember pressing the Lock button on remote. Doesn't that shut down the car completely?