Will A Compressor Off Of A 94 Es300 Fit My 92?

hey guys i found a cheap compressor and this is what it says:

will it work on my 92 es300?

thanks in advance.

1994-1998

Lexus

ES300

All

Remanufactured Compressor & Clutch

COMPR TYPE: 10PA17C - w/BELLY SWITCH PORT

Lexus

RX300

All

COMPR TYPE: 10PA17C - w/BELLY SWITCH PORT - TO 03/99

1995-1998

Toyota

Avalon

All

COMPR TYPE: 10PA17C - w/BELLY SWITCH PORT

NO! All those compressors you listed are designed to use R-134a coolant. Your car was designed to use R12 Freon. Lexus switched to R-134a starting with their 1994 ES because of a mandate outlawing R12 Freon for use in automobile air conditioners. The R12 Freon depletes the ozone layer.

You can upgrade your air conditioner system to use this R-134a, but it requires that you buy a new/rebuilt compressor plus other parts to make it work properly.

Private individuals cannot purchase R-12 and professionals can with IMACA or ASE permits. Even then it has to be 30# service tanks. R-12 (Freon) has not been manufactured since 1995.

just a quick question here. Does my 1994 ES300 absolutly have r134a?

[/quote

Can't tell you for sure since that was the change over year......From my understanding some of the early models of 1994 Lexus' still used R12.

just a quick question here. Does my 1994 ES300 absolutly have r134a?

Can't tell you for sure since that was the change over year......From my understanding some of the early models of 1994 Lexus' still used R12.

IDK about the ES/Windom's, but the Camry's didn't change until 95/96. (half generation update)

I would think R12 in the '94. You can buy a product called Freeze 12 that will fill & lubricate it R12 systems. That's good to know. ;)

To answer the qestion specifically I would *think* the compressor will physically align, bolt in, and connect. But you must fill the compressor with the correct gas (because they use different lubricating oils) otherwise you'll just blow the seals in the compressor as it burns up from a lack of lubrication.

There should be a sticker under the hood I think.

IDK about the ES/Windom's, but the Camry's didn't change until 95/96. (half generation update)

I would think R12 in the '94.

I bought a new 1994 ES300 with a build date of April, 1994 and this cars air conditioning system HAD R-134a as the refrigerant, NOT R12! Like I said in my previous post, this changeover was done sometime in 1994. This was told to me by the Lexus service department that I deal with.

NO! All those compressors you listed are designed to use R-134a coolant. Your car was designed to use R12 Freon. Lexus switched to R-134a starting with their 1994 ES because of a mandate outlawing R12 Freon for use in automobile air conditioners. The R12 Freon depletes the ozone layer.

You can upgrade your air conditioner system to use this R-134a, but it requires that you buy a new/rebuilt compressor plus other parts to make it work properly.

I had my '93 ES300 converted to R-134 a while ago (2 years??). Easy for an A/C shop to do. They just pumped out all the old R-12 and oil, changed the receiver/drier and some o-rings and refilled with R-134 and new oil. Original compressor, condenser, etc. left in place and untouched. A/C has worked perfectly ever since, no issues at all.

tck...

hey,

i called a local shop and they said it would work.

It wouldent hurt to put a 134a compressor on my 92

and the change kit from r12 and 134a or w.e u call it is not necesary.

im lost!!!