Odor At Start

All the time?

Just in the morning when you start the car for the very first time?

Do you garage the car at night?

Does it happen again when leaving work in the evenging?

With all the humidity in Houston you may have a mildew issue...

or perhaps a critter using your engine bay as its home at night...

so many posibilities...

When I start my 250 AC a bad odor comes out; it does not last long though. Any expereinced this; any solution?

Tks.

I have not had it in my IS 250 yet but I do have it in my older Xterra and New Beetle. This happens if I use the AC for some time and then turn it off. When AC is running I do not get this. Is it same with you?

When I start my 250 AC a bad odor comes out; it does not last long though. Any expereinced this; any solution?

Tks.

I have not had it in my IS 250 yet but I do have it in my older Xterra and New Beetle. This happens if I use the AC for some time and then turn it off. When AC is running I do not get this. Is it same with you?

My guess is mildew.

Condensation builds up from use of the A/C and the Cabin Filter can take in some of this moisture.

Mildew then moves into town.

I'd start by replacing the Cabin Filter.

I'd then get in the habit of shutting off the A/C about 2-3 minutes before you get to your destination and let the fan run to dry out any existing condensation.

G35 owners report issues like this and the above advice avoids the issue from occurring.

It should be mildew. It happens in summer only although I park my car in my garage.

I'll try to turn the AC off a couple of minutes before I turn my engine off.

But is there any easy way to get the filter out and blow it with some dry air or at least to dry it?

Thanks for your responses.

It should be mildew. It happens in summer only although I park my car in my garage.

I'll try to turn the AC off a couple of minutes before I turn my engine off.

But is there any easy way to get the filter out and blow it with some dry air or at least to dry it?

Thanks for your responses.

I had this in my Toyota truck about 10 years ago.. the Dealer blew some stuff in it to kill it... It worked...

The mildew and stuff is growing on the evaporator coil. The only practical way to get rid of it is to clean that coil.

I used this stuff on my IS300 and it was still odor free more than a year later.

http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=...e=coretreatment

The cleaning agent has to be injected into the air duct that goes from the fan to the evaporator coil. It foams up and cleans the entire coil and is flushed out via the condensate drain. I'ts pretty easy to do and is a real cleaning job, not just a deoderant or whatever.

The mildew and stuff is growing on the evaporator coil. The only practical way to get rid of it is to clean that coil.

I used this stuff on my IS300 and it was still odor free more than a year later.

http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=...e=coretreatment

The cleaning agent has to be injected into the air duct that goes from the fan to the evaporator coil. It foams up and cleans the entire coil and is flushed out via the condensate drain. I'ts pretty easy to do and is a real cleaning job, not just a deoderant or whatever.

THANKS A LOT.