"baked Lights"-this Is So Weird Im Actually Curious

ok...the weirdest thing I have ever heard....I recentely viewed an article that explained how to actually bake your tail lights (93 es300) in the oven to remove the colered part to make "home made" Altezza or euro lights...it sounds crazy...but i will post the directions if anyone is crazy enough to try it...and post the results :lol:

ok...the weirdest thing I have ever heard....I recentely viewed an article that explained how to actually bake your tail lights (93 es300) in the oven to remove the colered part to make "home made" Altezza or euro lights...it sounds crazy...but i will post the directions if anyone is crazy enough to try it...and post the results :lol:

It's OK, you only'bake' them at a temperature to melt the adhesive, not anything else :whistles: Take them apart and do the mods/spray the lenses them stick them back together with clear silicone or an adhesive similar to the OEM. Not only tail lights, can modify the fogs and mains too using the same method. Always advisable to try it on a spare if doing it for the first time...I've seen some pretty crap efforts, in particular an IS first gen with main headlights reassembled with white bathroom silicone sealant . :o

It's OK, you only'bake' them at a temperature to melt the adhesive, not anything else :whistles: Take them apart and do the mods/spray the lenses them stick them back together with clear silicone or an adhesive similar to the OEM. Not only tail lights, can modify the fogs and mains too using the same method. Always advisable to try it on a spare if doing it for the first time...I've seen some pretty crap efforts, in particular an IS first gen with main headlights reassembled with white bathroom silicone sealant . :o

At about 200F the adhesive only softens enough to allow you to separate the parts and you really don't need to add adhesive to rejoin them, just reheat again to soften.

I't still sounds a little weird to me....I personally like the euro look but dont think i would do this...maybe....but anyway the instructions just describe hot to remove the colored part from the clear....I'm guessing after that it just takes some colored bulbs and thats about it?

I't still sounds a little weird to me....I personally like the euro look but dont think i would do this...maybe....but anyway the instructions just describe hot to remove the colored part from the clear....I'm guessing after that it just takes some colored bulbs and thats about it?

No, "colored" LEDs...

it reallt simple perheat to about 200-220, stick tthem in for about 5minutes and see if the y pull apart in font add 2-3 more minutes.

make sure all bolts/screw are removed

i do this all the time when i retro fit headlights.

Me and my friend did this to his Tiburon last night, and we were able to remove the amber filter and then sand off the crome paint. Then we spray painted his corners and bezels a bunch. Back in the oven it went and then back on his car. The end result looked extremely professional. This job is so easy, just takes a few hours. Im thinking about doing it to my tail lights, they have condensation in there, and i really wanna clear it up.

Me and my friend did this to his Tiburon last night, and we were able to remove the amber filter and then sand off the crome paint. Then we spray painted his corners and bezels a bunch. Back in the oven it went and then back on his car. The end result looked extremely professional. This job is so easy, just takes a few hours. Im thinking about doing it to my tail lights, they have condensation in there, and i really wanna clear it up.

Hey Chevelle got any pics?