Turn Signal Volume

On the '03 that I just traded in, my turn signal "clicking" volume was very subtle/soft. I actually grew to love this feature. My new '05 has the regular old loud clicking that you find on every other car. I also test drove an '04 a few months back and it had the same loud clicking.

Does anyone know why Lexus would stop using the nice quiet indicator for one that is much more annoying? Is there a way to adjust it? Or switch it out?

I did a search on the forums and found the discussion, but no resolution...

my wife would prefer hearing a louder click on her 01, too.

didn't know the newer cars were louder.

They are, and there must be a reason. People must have complained, which I would never do. The interior of the LS is so quiet, so it's nice to have a quiet turn signal indicator. I guess for people who can't hear it, it may be a problem.

Hopefully it can somehow be adjusted.

I can't hear mine for the life of me . I would go to an car audio shop and ask them to dyno mat the relay should be about $20

Thanks for the suggestion. When you say "dyno mat", do you mean put some sort of insulation on or in the relay? Like felt or something? I've never seen the relay, so I'm not sure what it looks like, where it is, or what makes the clicking noise.

I think they were supposed to be quiet on the 98-00 as well.

They've always been very quiet (mine is too), but on the newer cars they've made them louder. People complain about the soft clicking all the time, like you I like it.The loud clicking is very cheap sounding.

yes they changed them. they were quiet to begin with and got quieter with time. just went through this with my 2000 gs4. i replaced it with a new one from lexus and it is much better now as it was to the point it stopped making any sound at all. i highly doubt it can be bought anywhere else as it is an electronic flasher not and old style 552.

Yes, it is cheap sounding, IMO. I'm going to call my service advisor and ask him about it. Maybe they'd be nice enough to take the module out of my 03, assuming they still have it, and put it in my 05. Doubt it, though...