Deacceleration Problems Anyone?

I just took delivery ten days ago of a brand new '07 LS460L and have been having deceleration problems.

When removing foot from accelerator vehicle does not instantly "throttle down" and maintains "throttle" for about 8 seconds. After 8 seconds, vehicle begins to slow but not rapidly.

This is especially problematic at speeds below 40mph necessitating constant braking and being on high alert.

Vehicle was returned today for service. Mileage is 282.

Vehicle will also creep from standing when foot goes off brake right up to 20mph. It will even creep up a 6% grade.

This is a safety issue, of course. Anyone else experiencing problems??

Update:

Dealer advises all normal and according to factory spec. So, thanks for reading and I shall just learn to adapt and respect this amazing vehicle.

So far, I haven't been bothered with the deceleration. My throttle seems fine. I feel that the slow deceleration is related more to the transmission shift pattern and how it's programmed/matched to the power curve of the engine. Fuel economy could possibly be a factor into how it's set up also.

It doesn't decelerate hard when I let off the throttle but I atribute this to the 8 speed tranny using fairly high gear ratios a lot of the time and not down shifting quickly. Let us know what your dealer has to say.

I have wondered about the "creep" when stopped. Seems to take more brake pressure than it should to keep the car sitting still. Not sure if the "electric" brakes are a factor or if it's just the idle rpm is too high. Again, let us know what your dealer finds.

I just took delivery ten days ago of a brand new '07 LS460L and have been having deceleration problems.

When removing foot from accelerator vehicle does not instantly "throttle down" and maintains "throttle" for about 8 seconds. After 8 seconds, vehicle begins to slow but not rapidly.

This is especially problematic at speeds below 40mph necessitating constant braking and being on high alert.

Vehicle will also creep from standing when foot goes off brake right up to 20mph. It will even creep up a 6% grade.

I have had mine for 2 months and 4K miles. I have noticed absolutely no diriveability problems. It feels just like the 430 did and drops speed as soon as I let up. The gearing is certainly different and reducea engine braking in the higher gears, but there is no throttle hang up or engine lag on deceleration. I'm certain they will find your problem. I find that I do tend to drop over to manual shift and drop a few gears on deceleration, but if the engine were not already in a deceration mode downshifting wouldn't really help.

I have had mine for 2 months and 4K miles. I have noticed absolutely no diriveability problems. It feels just like the 430 did and drops speed as soon as I let up. The gearing is certainly different and reducea engine braking in the higher gears, but there is no throttle hang up or engine lag on deceleration. I'm certain they will find your problem. I find that I do tend to drop over to manual shift and drop a few gears on deceleration, but if the engine were not already in a deceration mode downshifting wouldn't really help.

I have noticed that the transmission does not allow for significant engine braking. I agree that it is related to the relatively high ratios of the 8 speed transmission. I doubt that there is any "fix" the dealer can perform.

I have noticed the "creeping at standstill" as well. As I have mentioned in another session, the transmission goes into neutral if sitting still for any length of time. If you are in a heavy traffic situation, the clunking in and out of gear is a real problem... I have started using the "hold" feature more regularly in normal driving situations to alleviate this problem--but it is not useful in heavy traffic (stop and go traffic) due to the need to apply throttle to release the brake. I have obtained the smoothest operation in ect "SNOW" mode. The transmission does not go into neutral and the electronic throttle response is smoother.

I still get more clunking from this car than I have had in any previous car. Aggressive downshifting at highway speeds are particularly jerky...

The bottom line is that Lexus needs to fine tune the "wonderful" 8 speed transmission that they have been promoting so heavily. I keep waiting for a service bulletin for a reprogramming of the car's transmission...