Trunk Button On Door

it is not whack.

It is very nicely explained in the manual that no one reads (even me).

The button is there so if you valet the car, you

1. put your personal stuff/valuables in the trunk

2. open glove box, engage trunk lock out button

3. close glove box.

4. lock glove box and rear seat access to trunk.

5. give valet key to the guy parking the car.

The valet key does not open the glove box or the rear seat trunk access. Your stuff is safe from valet theft.

Down side, the button is easy to engage/disengage when stuffing things in the glove box.

Many cars have them. My mom's 96 Intrepid even has it.

steviej

Fortunantly, Lexus thought about that! Look in your trunk...there should be a little cord on the side that the gas filler is on. It will manually pop the gas cover open should the electronic one fail. ;)

:rolleyes: Did you also notice on the '02-'03 there's no keyhole in the Right Passenger door either? I wonder whether that's such a good idea in the dead of winter when the door lock is frozen and the battery is dead on your remote key. At least you could have tried opening the passenger door using that keyhole, if only they had one. heeheehee <_<

i noticed the same thing and wondered what if the remote is broke and you want to open the door for your wife or girlfreind or hell old grandpa after taking him to the doctors or something you cant do it!but then again how many people do that!lol :D

i think that the keyhole in the driver's side door would always be there because of the emergency card key that they give us. if we have an emergency key without the remote, and there's no keyhole, so much for having an emergency key :lol:

the battery in my key (brand new battery) is almost dead....so it's a 10/90 chance that the door will unlock..... anyone else have this issue? guess it is cuz the button is easy to hit accidently (as noted by finding out the keyless entry actually worked when i was trying to unlock the trunk......) do they still have the same style of key or do they have the extra attachment that has the alarm buttons too....also, you should at least use the keyhole once in a blue moon....no one ever used it in the camry, and the keyhole was stuck for the longest time, had to almost break it/wrench it open...so use it occationaly, for the lock's sake. what if the battery dies, and the lock is stuck from not using it...i mean....that would suck just as much....(even the trunk lock was that way)