Fuel Pump Bad?

kbtenyo

Everything seems to be good when your in the seat, no dash lights, turn the key and it'll try and try to turn over but won't. My dad thinks it's the fuel pump. I appreciate any help.

You can also email him at kbtenyo@yahoo.com.

-Poster's son, Dennis.

(Just posting this with my dad's username because he posted in the wrong section so I thought I'd fix it. I'll be making a username as well so I can be fairly comfortable helping my brother when he takes possession of the LS. It'll be his first car so big bro will help him out.)

Everything seems to be good when your in the seat, no dash lights, turn the key and it'll try and try to turn over but won't. My dad thinks it's the fuel pump. I appreciate any help.

You can also email him at kbtenyo@yahoo.com.

-Poster's son, Dennis.

(Just posting this with my dad's username because he posted in the wrong section so I thought I'd fix it. I'll be making a username as well so I can be fairly comfortable helping my brother when he takes possession of the LS. It'll be his first car so big bro will help him out.)

Well Dennis, you probably know by now that there are two main ingredients to making an internal combustion engine run: fuel and spark. Of course timing is very important also, but you should first try to narrow things down to fuel or spark. Your dad probably has some very good reasons for suspecting the fuel pump. I suppsose he could disconnect a fuel line and carefully determine if there is any pressure in the line. Similarly, you could disconnect a spark plug wire and see if there is any spark while cranking(but dont do these two simultaneously :blink: ) After you narrow this issue down, you can begin moving down the right path and focus on the real culprit. Best wishes!