Mph During Recharging

Ok all you RX400h experts...

I have noticed that sometimes, usually when it is still cold, I will be coasting down our hill and my display shows nothing about the average mpg.

The display will say recharging, which makes sense. But wouldn't this be counted for mpg? I don't notice it so much when the car has warmed.

Wow, it's is so easy to become obsessed with this mpg thing, isn't it?

ciao

louis

I never noticed it, next time I drive I will look, is it on the NAV screen or the speedometer display?

I see it on the speedometer display. I do not have NAV, so the mini display where the NAV would be actually copies the speedometer except info is given in numbers (Excuse me if I didn't answer this in the correct format. I find it confusing, sometimes it does not come through as a quote.) Anyhow would't you think all coasting miles would figure into the mpg, or maybe they don't because you don't use any energy. Yet if you worked it out with pencil and paper they would figure in the calcualtion.

While coasting and when I look at the trip info screen within the NAV, I see 99.99 MPG, which is a different way of saying that gas mileage is approaching infinity! I should certainly hope that coasting is part of the average MPG calculation, as it makes sense that the distance is factored into it.

Dave

While coasting and when I look at the trip info screen within the NAV, I see 99.99 MPG, which is a different way of saying that gas mileage is approaching infinity! I should certainly hope that coasting is part of the average MPG calculation, as it makes sense that the distance is factored into it.

Dave

First of all, I made a mistake when I referred to the display as average mpg. I mean the expanding horizontal bar graph by the odometer which gives instantaneous mpg. The times I am talking about, the graph is empty, shows no activity. It never occurred to me to compare it with the other digital display which does go up to 99.9. I will have to check and see what that display says simultaneously. Maybe the 2 are not in sync. It does make sense that all distance covered would have to be factored into the

calculation.

Dave

First of all, I made a mistake when I referred to the display as average mpg. I mean the expanding horizontal bar graph by the odometer which gives instantaneous mpg. The times I am talking about, the graph is empty, shows no activity. It never occurred to me to compare it with the other digital display which does go up to 99.9. I will have to check and see what that display says simultaneously. Maybe the 2 are not in sync. It does make sense that all distance covered would have to be factored into the

calculation.

Well it must be a function of the engine being cold. Initially it shows no line or lower milage while coasting. After it warms up the bar graph goes up to 60 and the digital display says 99.9. Much ado about nothing.

thanks all