Leather

drosefarm

Is there a cleaner that can be used on leather seats that you would have around the house? I recently bought this 2000 lexus RX300 and the leather seats need a good deep cleaning. I know from past experiences that some of the leather care cleaners don't really clean as much as they condition. I want to clean them good and then condition them. Any advice?

Is there a cleaner that can be used on leather seats that you would have around the house? I recently bought this 2000 lexus RX300 and the leather seats need a good deep cleaning. I know from past experiences that some of the leather care cleaners don't really clean as much as they condition. I want to clean them good and then condition them. Any advice?

I have used Lexol Cleaner followed by their conditioner with great success. My 15 year old Acura with leather seats still looks great. I have NO faith in a "one size fits all" cleaner/conditioner. The very concept that a cleaner can also contain a conditioner doesn't sit well with me. Fwiw, I vacuum the heck out of my seats, using a soft, camel hair brush to clean the seat seams. Then I clean with Lexol Cleaner, following directions. Once that is done, I use my hands instead of a towel and work their conditioner in, just as if I were giving the seat a massage. Once the conditioner is fully rubbed in, I let it sit for 30 minutes or so and wipe off the excess. Takes an hour to vacuum the carpets and seats and then do this conditioning process but it is time well spent. I seem to recall that most places like Advance Auto and WalMart.

Gary

Try www.Leatherique.com Absolutely great product, Pristene Clean cleaner then Rejuvinator Oil conditoner. It can truly do wonders, look at their site. Low sheen, good aroma, apply with hands it's so neutral. I've used it on 3 MB's and now 2 Toyota/Lexus products.