Stall

maverick

Hey fellas,

A weird thing happenned. While going down an exit ramp, my car hit a bump and stalled. This happenned about 2 weeks back. The fuel level was too low and I put it down to loss of fuel due to the downward slope. My wife was driving and she calmly waited for 2 minutes before attempting to start the engine and the car started. I meant to have it checked out, but didn't get around to doing it. Now the same thing happenned today on the same ramp the same bump and it stalled at the exact same place and today I had more than half a tank of fuel. I put the car in park, removed the key and then immediately tried restarting it and it started. What do you people think could be the problem ? A loose connection is what I'm guessing. I'm too scared to drive the car now. I will have it checked out Tuesday. Hope to God its not a major problem.

Am just gonna keep the car parked till I have a dealer check it out.

Any suggestions ??? Has anyone experienced this ??

Maverick

checked the battery, nothing loose there .....

want to check the fuses now. Where are they located exactly ?? I'm sorry but I don't have the foggiest idea what they look like or where they are located.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

maverick

well theres some under the hood and some inside the car.

the ones under the hood are located on the right side of the motor when looking under there and next to the battery.there should be 2 black boxes.just pop them open and check all the fuses.

the one inside the car is underthe steering wheel more towards the left.theres a little door to open and then you could check them.

if you dont know how to check fuses heres how.pull one out and look in betweem the 2 metal conectors and look for breakage in the middle of them.if its broke put a new one.hope this helps

• 6 years later...

Yes, my 2008 IS250 AWD Lexus is having the same problem and it only occurs when hitting bumps..... The engine stalls for a moment like it's not getting gas and then takes off. I have advised the dealership but they could not get it to recreate. It has happened to both my husband and myself. I expected this to be in the latest recall, but it does not site the IS250 as one with the problem. It has happened since it purchase in 2008.

Hey fellas,

A weird thing happenned. While going down an exit ramp, my car hit a bump and stalled. This happenned about 2 weeks back. The fuel level was too low and I put it down to loss of fuel due to the downward slope. My wife was driving and she calmly waited for 2 minutes before attempting to start the engine and the car started. I meant to have it checked out, but didn't get around to doing it. Now the same thing happenned today on the same ramp the same bump and it stalled at the exact same place and today I had more than half a tank of fuel. I put the car in park, removed the key and then immediately tried restarting it and it started. What do you people think could be the problem ? A loose connection is what I'm guessing. I'm too scared to drive the car now. I will have it checked out Tuesday. Hope to God its not a major problem.

Am just gonna keep the car parked till I have a dealer check it out.

Any suggestions ??? Has anyone experienced this ??

Maverick