Keys Locked In Es300

Patton

If you have 2-3 days to spare and $33 order a wallet key from Lexus, but if not, I would guess that pop-a-lock or other auto lockmith service could open it up for you. Then procede to the Lexus dealer, and order a wallet ket to prevent this in the future ;) . My thinking is that in one use your wallet key will pay for itself. The best $33 I've spent in a while :lol: . Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. :cheers:

call lexus sevice

and get the road service

for about 50 a year

and see how long you have to wait

they will deliver you a new key

as part of the package

you didn't mention what year it is

or use a coat hanger and pull the keys out the window

or use the hanger to pull the handle back while using a rod to move the lock

remember there are no pillars on the cars windows

1. coat hanger, your car is pre 2002. It will be easy slip it in between the rubber seal and the window. Snag the unlock button. Of coarse your car alarm will sound, but open the door, grab you imprisoned keys and shut off the alarm. Takes some finess but can be done.

2. do you know any valets. Most managers of valet companies have the illegal "slim jim". If not a valet, fire deparments and usually the cops have them too.

3. AAA sometimes has them.

After is all said and done, please enlighten us as to how this came to be. :whistles: :lol: :chairshot:

good luck.

steviej

the main reason you i mentioned the rod and hanger is because there is a alarm mechansm

that relocks the doors when foricably opened when armed

so you need to be real quick or else it just relocks before you open a door

• 5 years later...
If you have 2-3 days to spare and $33 order a wallet key from Lexus, but if not, I would guess that pop-a-lock or other auto lockmith service could open it up for you. Then procede to the Lexus dealer, and order a wallet ket to prevent this in the future ;) . My thinking is that in one use your wallet key will pay for itself. The best $33 I've spent in a while :lol: . Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. :cheers:

Blake, what's a wallet key? Whenever I asked for replacement keys they only offered the $60 Key with $60 to program it.

coathanger is the best bet if you dont wanna pay.

technically you dont even need to pull the handle from the inside either, just the lock slider. there is a little indent on all of them that you could just make a L shape at the end of the hangar and hook the edge, you should ahve enough force then to poke it left or right in a sliding motion.

it wont relock instantly this way and you'll ahve a few seconds. your alarm prob wont sound off either.

if not - locksmith from the yellow pages.

isnt the wallet key for the trunk only? that would work to squirm into the car though ;)