How To Care For Tan Leather On A 2004 Es330

I am considering a 2004 ES330 with tan leather for purchase. However, I am fearful that the leather interior will stain too easily. I typically keep my cars for 8-10 years and every car that I have seen that has a tan interior, gets stained and really shows its age/wear and tear (normally the tan becomes a dirty blackish brown) long before the 8 year mark

Without being overly anal about the leather care, is it possible to keep a tan leather interior looking good? Please note that I have kids, so it will be an even bigger challenge. Is there some type of sealant that can be applied to keep the grime off the tan leather?

TIA for your replys.

Just clean and condition it every once and a while... That's the best you can do to keep it from cracking and getting too many stains.

Tan leather will darken over time though, just with UV from the sun and moisture/heat levels etc... Just as long as you clean and condition it, it wont look that bad.

Black leather wont fade as badly as the tan leather will. I just don't like the looks of black interiors, personally.

There really isn't a good coating to put on the leather to protect it. The coating on the leather is pretty good. Read the Definitive guide at the top of the page. It gives you a way of cleaning your leather. I was doing some work for an auction over the past couple of months and you would be surprised at how dirty leather gets even after just two years.:)

• 1 month later...
I am considering a 2004 ES330 with tan leather for purchase. However, I am fearful that the leather interior will stain too easily. I typically keep my cars for 8-10 years and every car that I have seen that has a tan interior, gets stained and really shows its age/wear and tear (normally the tan becomes a dirty blackish brown) long before the 8 year mark

Without being overly anal about the leather care, is it possible to keep a tan leather interior looking good? Please note that I have kids, so it will be an even bigger challenge. Is there some type of sealant that can be applied to keep the grime off the tan leather?

TIA for your replys.funnily enough Mercedes has the best leather cleaner conditioner on the market just go buy some at your local mercedes dealer one bottle will last a few years :)