Is It Possible To Repair The Dash?

Hello I ripped off some of the plastic off my dash on accident

Here is a picture

post-11842-1180650818_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any experience fixing it?

My main concern is getting the right color paint and paint that isn't going to get destroyed in the sun or just change shade, because I live in florida.

I do not want to buy an entire new dash that will be really expensive!!

Thanks for any help.

Removing the stick on base for the Garmin Nav unit has to be a bit**. I have the same unit and elected to use the suction cup on the windshield, as I see you are now doing. Bummer! A few years back I had a fellow repair the leather seat in my 84 300zx. The vinyl side panel had lifted from its cloth backing over an area of about 3 square inches. The guy applied a flexible plastic base layer in the repair, and then placed a piece of grained leather (similarly grained as the leather on the seat) over the patch and heated it with a small iron. This smoothed the area out and put a closely matched grain into the base plastic repair panel. He then airbrushed the entire repair with a colour he blended on the spot. The end result was almost invisible! As I hung onto the car for another 2 years, the repair, from constant brushing upon entry and exit from the car, was starting to need attention again. On a dash I would think that a similar repair would last a lot longer, simply because it would get almost no wear. Check with the dealerships in your area. Someone must do these kind of repairs to seats and dashes. I have 2 guys locally. The one business is called Fibrenew. I don't know if its a franchise or not, but its worth a try. Good luck!