Vibration And Noise

I have just purchased a 1995 GS300 with 75000 miles. The car looks absolutely new so at least cosmetically it has been cared for. When I test drove the car I felt a high frequency vibration, I would normally associate with a wheel bearing. It could also have been a tire balance problem. I did not feel it was a major problem.

I confronted my seller with this and he produced multiple records of getting a new set of tires, alignments, etc.

I drove the car today for the first time for a good length of time to reach a golf course which involved backroads and superhighways. I did feel a slight shimmy around 55 mph.

The noise and vibration is very minor, but the car does not drive, or ride, like a Lexus.

I have seen on the web chronic occurrences of bent wheels.

Can anyone help me to attack this problem to minimize me financial problems.

Thanks, Wayne

ok is the vibration when your driving or when hitting the brakes?if its when your hitting the brakes i would say it needs rotors.

if its when your driving without hitting the brakes at 55mph then i would say either tires or a possible bent rim but im leaning towards the tires.hope this helps!

this seems to be a very common problem with the gs series. if you do a search i'm sure you'll find many, many posts about this. in general the problem seems to be that your wheels may need to be re-balancing or as stated by bbsal could be your rotors if it happens when you're braking.