Instument Lights

Instrument panel lights on my 96 sc400 have had problems since Ive owned the car, the needles lights will fade out in the middle, or toward the base in warm, hot weather, and will shine bright in cold weather, latley the fuel needle has gone out all together, is this an easy fix i.e. a bulb, or some convoluted problem that will cost a fortune?

Instrument panel lights on my 96 sc400 have had problems since Ive owned the car, the needles lights will fade out in the middle, or toward the base in warm, hot weather, and will shine bright in cold weather, latley the fuel needle has gone out all together, is this an easy fix i.e. a bulb, or some convoluted problem that will cost a fortune?

http://lextech.org/osCommerce/product_info...11e63e344a1ebf6

Your biggest problem is that youll have to take the vehicle in to have this done... we all know what that means $$$!$$!$ :cries: $$$!$$!$!$

http://lextech.org/osCommerce/product_info...11e63e344a1ebf6

You can drive the car without the instrument cluster in place. Just make sure your gas tank stays full. The turnaround @lextech is like 4-5 days, Send it in on mon. and have it back by fri. It just feels odd driving a car with no cluster.

• 4 weeks later...

Send it to Mikado Technology Company in South San Fran...

Mikado Technology Company

1435 Huntington Ave, Suite C

South San Francisco CA 94080-5974

(650) 615-9966

Really nice people (I met them last time I was in Cali and delivered my climate control to their door) and they do a fine job. They can replace burned out bulbs and the blacked out LCD screen on your climate control for $195 (includes shipping back to you). They can replace the needles with LEDs in the backside of the needles it'll look like new for $243. They can also replace the bulbs in back while their at it, but I recommend you go get the part number for them at the Lexus dealership , then go to your local Toyota dealership and order the bulbs (you'll need 8). Just remove your cluster, have it packed and ensured through FedEx or UPS and they can turn it very fast. The $243 includes shipping back to you.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Is there anywhere else that sells clusters/needles? I live in Canada and they don't ship here >.<

i would suggest u send it to someone u know who lives in the states..have them send it out and when they receive it, send it back to u