Intuitive Parking Assist?

Hi,

I plan on picking up an IS 350 this week, however I'm still quite uncertain about which package I would like to go with...

I do think that the first Luxury package the website lists (even though the way the website displays information is just horrible..) is the one that would suit me the most, since I don't want the rear spoiler and that seems to be the only major difference between that one and all the other Luxury packages.

However, I was wondering where the Intuitive Parking Assist comes in, since they don't list it in the package list. Is it a part of something else they did list, or am I missing something?

In the video that they show on their website, it shows as if there are small, round nodes in the back of that car that are used for the parking assist, however on the car that I saw today (it had the luxury package) it did not have it.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I forgot to ask the sales rep before I left, and wanted to get it sorted out before tomorrow... the car did have the camera in the back, and the website did show those nodes on the 250 and not the 350... is it just built in and unseen on the 350?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zack.

its available on both cars as an added option, not part of a package. http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

i think the website is pretty helpful. notice that under the luxury package, it doesnt say "intuitive parking assist"

scroll down to the "options and accessories" and it lists intuitive parking assist as a $500 option

you have to have the dealer find a car with the parking sensors with the luxury package. dont let them add them on as an aftermarket option because they will not be SMALL round nodes that are the same color as your car. They will be black nodes nomatter what color car you get.

Okay so now I need to go to the dealership and ask them to find the same car with the Luxury package, plus the Parking Assist... but what if they don't find a car like that in the surrounding lexus dealerships? How long does it take to get the specified car from Lexus if they need to make it from scratch?

So technically it could take from a week to 3 months? heh..

Either way, I guess i'm better off checking nearby dealerships, and if they don't have it either just go with what they do have.

It's not that big of a deal since I don't really NEED assistance with parking, I just thought it was a nifty little thing, especially since it only costs 500 dollars. (and it is kind of helpful if you're driving a bigger car like my dad's LS460L, but with the IS I don't really think i'll need it if they won't be able to find one with Luxury and the parking assist together.)

to be honest, with a backup camera you dont need the IPA. And you can usually tell the front distance.

I wish the front had it...

I remember reading the NAV Parking Assist section of the online manual from this website, and it was talking about Front corner sensors. Maybe you have it already and not know about it.

to be honest, with a backup camera you dont need the IPA. And you can usually tell the front distance.

I wish the front had it...

I remember reading the NAV Parking Assist section of the online manual from this website, and it was talking about Front corner sensors. Maybe you have it already and not know about it.

Only the very corners... I'm talking about front ones that will allow you to get close when your parking or pulling into a garage...

The backup camera is a "fisheye" lens, and things look A LOT further away in the camera than they really are. If you can locate the IPA, it's a good option. BUT if you get the Lux Pkg, the side view mirrors also tilt down in reverse, so between that and the camera, you could live without the IPA.

Yeah I didn't bother waiting. I got an IS350 with the luxury package, so having the cameras tilt down and having the backup camera really helps and there really isn't any need for that annoying beeping telling me im too close to something even though I still got room (that thing got old pretty fast on my dad's LS460L for example so I figured if I must WAIT for it it's not worth it..)