Sc300 Stock Engine Vs. Supra Tt Engine

OK, I am tired of having limited power...really want to upgrade to a Supra TT engine..have a few questions:

1. What is the difference in horsepower?

2. What is the cost of having one put in?

3. Where could I find one?

4. Fuel economy - any big increases or losses?

Mike be able to get one rather soon if I can convince my dad to let me sell my first car (1966 Mustang). He loves that car and I hate it...was my first...just takes up space in garage. :geek:

Blurrysc300: The turbo will suck the mpg if you mash on the throttle. If you keep the revs down so the first turbo doesn't spool up all the way, there shouldn't be much loss in mpg.

The standard supra tt engine is 320 hp, jdm (japanese domestic market?) is 280.

Since I'm a student and only raised $3000 from a part time job, I'm just going to buy suspension stuff and trying to lighten the car up (racing seats w/ seat covers, battery->trunk, wheels). I live near some mountains and some roads are very fun to drive on, plus due to California's budget cuts, there's less cops so rarely any cops on the mountain.

In the Bay Area in California the smog stuff if going to be tough. My auto teacher said that they are going to put your car on a dyno to check the smog. It's a good thing you're in Texas.

Sell the Ford and do the na-t. (if your engine's getting kinda old, like over 100K, do a rebuild first)

Then fine-tune the shiznit out of it and you'll be looking at 500+ horses.

You'll end up saving money over the ge-gte conversion, but make sure you get everything you need and every possible precaussion you can get.

With a turbo, you want to make sure that no matter what happens, you don't blow your newly rebuilt engine within the first few weeks.

Oh yeah......F-Max!