Malfunction Of Engine Sensors

hmpasco

i have an almost new rx300 with 5,000 miles on it.

it overheated and the engine self-destructed without any dashboard warning lights

Lexus refuses to replace the engine, since there was a small bump in traffic tfrom a much higher SUV hat dented the bumper et al.

any one have any problems with overheating and/or engine trouble sensors not working???

or ideas for help with Lexus on the $10,000 engine replacement bill?

hmpasco

hilton head sc

Lexus is a good company and They will take care of their clients. I work for lexus and I see clients get away with everything and anything. But Since you have a accident in the front, my guess is it damaged the radiator and leaking coolant. NO coolant say bye bye to your engine. That is why they won't replace the engine for free.

The long block is not cheap, this repair will be costly. You are looking at $15k in parts and labor. Good luck.

JP IMPORTZ

Since the Lexus dealer makes the bump the cause of the engine problems, why is your insurer not picking the tab? It may results in higher premiums later on but it should offset the cost of replacing the engine.

Good luck

That was my point on whether or not the collision and the overheating were related. If yes, your insurance should be paying, if not, then I would think it should be under Lexus warranty. Of course if the collision resulted in damage which resulted in the loss of coolant and you never acted upon it for days or weeks, then I can see how neither Lexus or your insurance would foot the bill for repairs.