Changed My Struts But The Cluck Sound Is Still There!

hey,

My rear struts bottomed out and they cluck cluck very loud. and after replacing my struts it rides better, doesn't bounce but the sound is still there?

what can this be?

any advice is much appreciated.

thanks guys.

hey,

My rear struts bottomed out and they cluck cluck very loud. and after replacing my struts it rides better, doesn't bounce but the sound is still there?

what can this be?

any advice is much appreciated.

thanks guys.

rear stablizer bushings, thats ur problem, replace them and the noise will go away

also known as sway bar bushings.

funny how these little buggers can create so much noise when they are just a little bit worn.

I replace my ($10 each and 45 minutes of my time) and it made a world of difference.

steviej

wow man,

you just made my day.

i've called everywhere local asking for the rear stabilizer bushing and no one had it but the dealer.

and now with the new name of sway bar bushing its at every store.

hehehehheh

thanks alot man

by the way, how do you replace it?

jack up the rear end and safely support it. Take a good look, it will become self explanitory. There is a bracket around each bushing. Two or three bolts come out, the bracket moves out of the way, the bushing has a slice in it so that you can get it on and off the sway bar. Put the new one on with a little white lithium grease, replace the bracket and bolts and off you go.....noiseless.

The sway bar is attached at both ends so don't worry about it falling on your face, it won't. It will move a little when you remove the brackets, but not to worry.

steviej

oh yeah, i saw the bushings they are in perfect shape , as if they have been replaced before.

I found this long loking screw that hasa little spring wrapped around it its located between the gas tank and where the spare sits in. Its close to the strut stuff. and at the top nothing is holding that screw, so its medal hitting metal making the click click noise.

What do i do abotu that?

• 2 weeks later...

My cluck cluck is gone, and my bushigns were in perfect condition, and it drove me nuts, well i went to the dealer got me a new set of anti vibration clips for $30 and now im cluck clcuck free.

jack up the rear end and safely support it. Take a good look, it will become self explanitory. There is a bracket around each bushing. Two or three bolts come out, the bracket moves out of the way, the bushing has a slice in it so that you can get it on and off the sway bar. Put the new one on with a little white lithium grease, replace the bracket and bolts and off you go.....noiseless.

The sway bar is attached at both ends so don't worry about it falling on your face, it won't. It will move a little when you remove the brackets, but not to worry.

steviej

Great stuff Stevie, I need to replace these bushings in my RX 300. Do I need to jack it up to take load off or just be able to get underneath?

Thanks,Dan