Es 300 Platinum Edition

Platinum Series

- Uniquely textured Royale leather seating surfaces and interior trim

- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close, pinch protection and sliding sunshade

- In-dash, six-disc CD auto-changer

- 16-inch, five-spoke alloy wheels

- Black Pearl badging

- Bird's-eye maple interior trim and steering wheel

- Platinum Series embroidered floor mats

- Complimentary annual fee for American Express Platinum Card® for two years

mine also has homelink security system which i thought was part of the platinum package. but i guess it was something else.

i don't know how my royale leather surface differs from the regular leather surface, but i guess that's what i have.

i never understood why it's called in-dash cd changer when the disc magazine obviously sits in my glove compartment.

the extra wooden trim, however, is very nice.

i never understood why it's called in-dash cd changer when the disc magazine obviously sits in my glove compartment.

The glove compartment is considered part of the dashboard. :D

A non-dash CD player is usually mounted in the trunk or the center console. Actually it's called the CD Changer. My '03 has a single CD player in the dashboard and the 6 CD Changer in the center console.

Generally its in the trunk, which is a PITA.

The Royale leather has a different texture to it than the standard leather. Its "bumpy".

I like the Platinum package too, I like those special editions and such, but I just dont like that yellow wood, way too bright I think.

hmmm. i don't think my wood trim is yellow. but even if it were considered yellow, i prefer it to the darker brown ones for the ivory interior, which goes to show diff'rent strokes.

a cd magazine in the trunk. that's gotta be a pain.

i think what i have looks nice in my car, but for your car, which by the way has that fantastic dual effect color, the darker color probably does work much better.

i think i would like that center console thing to the glove compartment. it never made sense to me that the cd player was intemingled with an enclosed storage area.

have a great weekend!