V1 Installed In Ashtray

Test fit pictures of the display in the GS. Seems like it was designed to fit in the GS 300 Ashtray, its a perfect fit, and it closes perfectly to concealed when not using it. When you pull the ashtray out there's ton of room to work, and you can hook the hardwire kit up to cigarette's power.

th_DSC04243.jpgth_close.jpgth_open.jpg

Test fit pictures of the display in the GS. Seems like it was designed to fit in the GS 300 Ashtray, its a perfect fit, and it closes perfectly to concealed when not using it. When you pull the ashtray out there's ton of room to work, and you can hook the hardwire kit up to cigarette's power.

Nice job :cheers: Is there a remote sensor ?

Its just goes to the full size unit above the rear view mirror. This is just the display for the radar detector, not the actual detector. I guess I should have explained that before. The Valentine One is a great detector and would suggest it for anyone.

Its just goes to the full size unit above the rear view mirror. This is just the display for the radar detector, not the actual detector. I guess I should have explained that before. The Valentine One is a great detector and would suggest it for anyone.

Is it wireless ? If not where do you run the wire ? Pix please :cheers:

• 7 months later...

You did a really nice job on the install. I've very interested in doing the same thing. But just to have a full understanding the piece in the ashtray is not the radar dector but another a unit that has the face of the radar dector. Where did you place the detector. If the detector is actually in the ashtray then how did you set everything up.

JGRussell