Difficulty With Voice Commands

Just purchased a new LS460 and have been struggling with the voice commands especially the navigation. I speak clearly and I still can't get the system to recognize both city and street names. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty and is there a trick to this that I've yet to learn?

people have often complained about this function on Lexus cars.They dont work that well.

a hint is to try and pronounce it like how its spelled and not how we pronounce it.

for example, in LA there is a street named RODEO, pronounced RO-DAY-OH. However, the Nav will not pick that street up if you pronounce it like that. It you have say RO-DEE-OH. So yeah, try to enunciate and say it how its spelled. Thats the only thing you can do.

people have often complained about this function on Lexus cars.They dont work that well.

a hint is to try and pronounce it like how its spelled and not how we pronounce it.

for example, in LA there is a street named RODEO, pronounced RO-DAY-OH. However, the Nav will not pick that street up if you pronounce it like that. It you have say RO-DEE-OH. So yeah, try to enunciate and say it how its spelled. Thats the only thing you can do.

Thanks for the suggestion but that has failed as well. I have an Infiniti with voice commands and never have this sort of trouble and is a much more user friendly setup. You only have to press the voice command button once and just speak the commands never having to touch the button again between the steps. The Lexus is great but there are a number of short falls and this vc system is the pits.