Fuel Filter Location

where is it? i have looked everywhere and called the dealership? is is it seen from top bottom? do i have to take off my intake manifold. i have the new one. also the car sat for 5 years and i had to change the pump. it was all gummed up. what else should i consider looking at or changing for gummed fuel? its running ok.... i guess but not its stock 220 hp potential? what else should i do? if anybody has detailed pix please help thank you. :cries:

• 1 month later...

My Fuel Filter is right above the Differetial Oil fill and drain location. It is very easy to see. There is no cover but the bracket. I have 99 model, 160K miles. It was the first time to change the fuel filter. And I am glad I did it. The fuel dripped out of the filter looked like mud. When you take the filter off, gasoline will come out, however, it will stop eventually, so just to find a container to collect the gas. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
where is it? i have looked everywhere and called the dealership? is is it seen from top bottom? do i have to take off my intake manifold. i have the new one. also the car sat for 5 years and i had to change the pump. it was all gummed up. what else should i consider looking at or changing for gummed fuel? its running ok.... i guess but not its stock 220 hp potential? what else should i do? if anybody has detailed pix please help thank you. :cries:

IT is close to the rear wheels, if you look a few inches forward of your rear rotos (under the vehicle) you will see it.

IT is close to the rear wheels, if you look a few inches forward of your rear rotos (under the vehicle) you will see it.