Boston, Ma Dealers/independent Mechanics - Who Is Good?

Hello,

We will be moving to Boston area (Waltham or nearby) soon. All suggestions on good/bad places and mechanics names to take your Lexus ES300 to would be appreciated (Lexus/Toyota dealerships and independent shops).

I would also be interested to get in touch with people on the forum who live in the area and work on their own cars.

Cheers,

Alex

Lexus of Watertown would be the closest Lexus dealership to you.

I use Lexus of Norwood, further south on Rt. 1. and unfortunately don't know any indies in that area. Never had a problem there. My friend has had good and bad experience at Watertown. But you have to check each out and decide for yourself.

I reside in a coastal town south of Boston, called Scituate, about 1 hour driving from Waltham.

Waltham is west of Boston. Very nice area and central to most everything you need, except the beach.

steviej

Thanks for the feedback. Was your friends' bad experience at Watertown Lexus related to a particular mechanic or service advisor?

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for the feedback. Was your friends' bad experience at Watertown Lexus related to a particular mechanic or service advisor?

Cheers,

Alex

several service visits in general.

If you go to Lexus of Norwood, ask for one of two service advisors, Brandi or Ronni. Both very intelligent and adept women. Both of their service teams are top notch.

steviej

• 10 months later...

Steve,

Would you still recommend Lexus of Norwood?

I was at Watertown Lexus twice and am not thrilled with the service.

Also thinking about checking Toyota dealerships in the area (Lexington in paricular)...

Cheers,

Alex

Cheers,

Alex

If you go to Lexus of Norwood, ask for one of two service advisors, Brandi or Ronni. Both very intelligent and adept women. Both of their service teams are top notch.

steviej

• 4 months later...
Steve,

Would you still recommend Lexus of Norwood?

I was at Watertown Lexus twice and am not thrilled with the service.

Also thinking about checking Toyota dealerships in the area (Lexington in paricular)...

Cheers,

Alex

Cheers,

Alex

steviej

although I have never been to Watertown for service, I would second the recommendation for Norwood (now officially called Herb Chambers Lexus, and located now in Sharon, technically NOT in Norwood anymore but really close).

They are very professional and top notch. And I would agree that Ronni is very helpful as service advisor. However, service is NOT inexpensive here. But, the amenities are great - excellent computer work area, great widescreen TV in lounge, full time espresso bar and pastries, and nice playroom. But you pay for all of this indirectly. FOr me, it is well worth it though.

Boston SNowboarder