Coin Storage In Lieu Of Ashtray?

My IS came with ashtray and cigarette lighter, is there something out there that can be used to replace the ashtray and put something else? a coin holder will be ideal for me, but anything else would be considered....

My IS came with ashtray and cigarette lighter, is there something out there that can be used to replace the ashtray and put something else? a coin holder will be ideal for me, but anything else would be considered....

Lexus have a sunglasses or general storage compartment replacement part. It's more useful in the European model which has the intruder detection unit in the compartment that has the sunglasses fitment in the US model.

I was kind of surprised when I looked at the IS that it came with the ashtray and lighter. I thought that these were a thing of the past on new cars, except as an option. As a non-smoker I too would like to see something else in its place. It's just wasted space to me...

It's a good place to plug in your radar detector. You can use the ash tray for coins, or chewing gum wapper disposal, or whatever. I've known people who keep their roach clip in there. :D

Darn...

I forgot to request the "roach clip" option ... :wacko:

It's a good place to plug in your radar detector. You can use the ash tray for coins, or chewing gum wapper disposal, or whatever. I've known people who keep their roach clip in there. :D

I took out the ashtray and use it for storage. It's a nice little square now w/o the danged ashtray!!!

I took out the ashtray and use it for storage. It's a nice little square now w/o the danged ashtray!!!

That's exactly what I did, too.

• 11 years later...