Extended Warranty

Sidney

I have recently purchased a 2004 GX470 with 49k miles. I have discussed an extended warranty with others and received mixed reviews. A recent subscriber mentioned discount warranty coupons around. My dealer laid out a flat $2300 to take me to 100k thru the "new car 7yr/100k Lexus Platinum plan. Is this available for less out there. Is anyone aware of local dealer incentives or where ones find a coupon. Please hurry-I have 900 miles left before the big devision. My dealer wouldnt even throw in a car wash.

I have recently purchased a 2004 GX470 with 49k miles. I have discussed an extended warranty with others and received mixed reviews. A recent subscriber mentioned discount warranty coupons around. My dealer laid out a flat $2300 to take me to 100k thru the "new car 7yr/100k Lexus Platinum plan. Is this available for less out there. Is anyone aware of local dealer incentives or where ones find a coupon. Please hurry-I have 900 miles left before the big devision. My dealer wouldnt even throw in a car wash.

PM for ya ..

Everything's negotiable. Never pay full price for an extended warrantee. Never go without one. I read in Consumers Report that our GX has something like 700 computers in it. Piece of mind is wonderful.

Thanks for response. Another member gave me a Toyota dealr in Pa. who sold me a Platinum for $350 less than Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria.

Everything's negotiable. Never pay full price for an extended warrantee. Never go without one. I read in Consumers Report that our GX has something like 700 computers in it. Piece of mind is wonderful.

Thanks for response. Another member gave me a Toyota dealr in Pa. who sold me a Platinum for $350 less than Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria.

Make sure if you're getting ur warranty from a Toyota dealer, it will cover MOST of what it should cover when the time comes and (hopefully you wont need it) you need to use it, it'll be a PITA if the warranty you got from the Toyota dealer isn't accepted at the Lexus dealership.

Lexus really charges an arm and leg for everything! I'm probably going for the $800 extended warranty on the 4Runner someday, cuz it sounds sooo cheap compared to the $2k that Lexus wants! :wacko:

check here --> http://www.warrantieslexus.com

You may get a better deal or at least customize your coverage plan to what you can afford...