Tires Tires Tires

Payton34

Just bought my 2003 Lexus IS300 sports design and need new tires.

I have heard Dunlop is a good way to go, but need a cheaper option as well.

Looking for something that looks good and that isn't noisy.

Oh and I live in Tampa, Fl so no need for snow tires.

Thanks

Thanks

You can't go wrong with michelin...........

I put Fuzions on my IS300 and was impressed by the ride and handling, also not real noisy. I had them on about 5000 miles before I traded the car so I can't say how the mileage would be. I thought they were great and pretty inexpensive compared to many others.

I just purchased a set of Riken Raptor ZR (private Michelin company) 245/45-18 tires for my LS430 & should have them mounted today. I will let you know how they ride as soon as I put a few miles on them.

If your still looking for new tires, go with the Bridgestone, Potenza. It's the only Z speed rated tire with a real mileage warrantee. I beleive it's 40,000 miles. All weather tread and very raod quiet. Not the highest in performance, but I think it's a great real world compromise. they look great also. BTW, I went to 18x9 rims also. So yeah, price of tires goes thru the roof!!! 260.00 a tire that lasts maybe 15,000 miles???? Not happening!

Thanks

nitto neo-gen 215-45-17 are as good if not better than O.E. bridgestone. $92 vs $160

Go to Tirerack.com and do some research but I just recently replaced a set of AVON 550's (which I would not recommend) with Goodyear Eagle F1's all the way around and WHOA what a difference!! I love these things.

Best of luck,

Ken

I had posted previously with the Riken Raptor ZR, but after Discount Tire could not get them for me, they substituted with Dunlop Direzza DZ101's. The Dunlops had a tendency to flat spot overnite in the cooler weather here in Minnesota, but other than that, they were very nice. I don't think that you would have the same problem down in Florida.

If your still looking for new tires, go with the Bridgestone, Potenza. It's the only Z speed rated tire with a real mileage warrantee. I beleive it's 40,000 miles. All weather tread and very raod quiet. Not the highest in performance, but I think it's a great real world compromise. they look great also. BTW, I went to 18x9 rims also. So yeah, price of tires goes thru the roof!!! 260.00 a tire that lasts maybe 15,000 miles???? Not happening!

i've been trying to determine how wide of a wheel and tire will fit in my IS without rubbing. did you put 18X9s on all 4? any problems? my stock chromes have coroded and i have to get new wheels asap. might as well go fat...