New Windshield Help

Shotze

Anyone know what kind of windshield in my GX470.... it needs to be replaced , my invoice says it's a Front Green, tinted ,

the Auto body doesn't know ? I do know I have rain sensor wipers

thanks for the help ??

I would try going for a OEM Lexus windshield. It may cost more, but safe assured that it will not leak, fit perfectly, and will work perfectly with the rain sensing windshield wipers.

I would try going for a OEM Lexus windshield. It may cost more, but safe assured that it will not leak, fit perfectly, and will work perfectly with the rain sensing windshield wipers.

another question? does the front green mean anything, they are saying it's the water-repellent glass??

I believe that a majority of windshields have this very thin green film to block out SOME of the harmful UV rays of the sun. Try it open your door look at any object outside then look at that object again thru either the windshield or side window and you will notice the slight difference in what your eyes see ;)

I believe that a majority of windshields have this very thin green film to block out SOME of the harmful UV rays of the sun. Try it open your door look at any object outside then look at that object again thru either the windshield or side window and you will notice the slight difference in what your eyes see ;)

thanks for ther infor,

• 2 weeks later...
The green probably refers to the green shading at the top of the windshield. After replacing the windshield in my wife's car, with a generic brand, I found that they come in many different shades on top, or none at all.

thanks all ,

I got my new windshield , OEM , a Lexus factory windshield , it looks great , the only problem is that they got some of the sealant on my paint finish found it after I left Iw as much to say ^%$# anyway I took some Mequair wax and did a few times of waxing the small area it looks clean,

anyone know what else I could use ..

I really would have to drive another 187 miles back to get it cleaned, will the sealant damage the Lexus finish , right now it's as smooth as ever and cleaned .