Slight Tick On Passenger Side

I just got my new IS 250 - after a couple of days I noticed a small ticking noise (plastic on plastic maybe) on the passengers side every so often. I like to drive sometimes in total utter silence (when not listening to the xm) - which is the reason I just traded my 06 Honda Civic - too many ticks and cracks. I think this noise at this point is too minor for any service to really detect. I think I am just being oversensitive on this. Any thoughts? How's your car ride?

I just got my new IS 250 - after a couple of days I noticed a small ticking noise (plastic on plastic maybe) on the passengers side every so often. I like to drive sometimes in total utter silence (when not listening to the xm) - which is the reason I just traded my 06 Honda Civic - too many ticks and cracks. I think this noise at this point is too minor for any service to really detect. I think I am just being oversensitive on this. Any thoughts? How's your car ride?

Passenger seat belt hitting the seat or B pillar maybe?

Passenger seat belt hitting the seat or B pillar maybe?

Nope, actually I have been latching the passenger belt to the latch to make sure it isn't that.

I've been having this issue, as well. I had an '06 that did it incessantly. Lexus never found a problem with it. Even after having the recalled seatbelts installed, it still did it. My newer '07 does it less, but I can tell it's still there. It's nice to see someone else who is so fanatic about the noise in their car!! lol!!!

I have a '07 IS250 only 3 months old and a rattling noise is coming from the left hand corner of the windshield. It is sometimes quite loud. I don't want to have the dealer check it because I'm afraid they will take the dash apart to look for the noise. I'm sure if they do, other problems will develop.

I have a 07 IS350 and have a similar (if not identical) ticking coming from the same area. The dealer made some adjustment to the glove box area. I believe they installed some type of tape. The problem seemed to be resolved but 3 days later the problem resurfaced. The ticking has been on/off for the last 3 months. I just haven’t had time to bring it back.

I have noticed that there a lot of rattles/ticking sounds coming from the interior, very surprising for a 2nd year model on a high-end make.

Regards,

NHMan

something in the glove compartment?

Unbelievable - after I read you post I was like - there isn't anything in the damn glove compartment but the manual. So I am driving home and I open the box and I noticed that the manual (which is the size of the old and new testaments together) and wrapped in leather is sitting on the shelf on the right side - I was like what the hell I'll take it out. No more ticking for the last 75 miles. Thanks for saving my sanity (at least in the short term). Really can't thank you enough. Drove to work 5:30 this am for 50 miles in complete and utter silence.

Clay

After owning mine for 2 days i started hearing a noise coming from the passenger side door area, i couldnt stand it.. When i started looking over there it was just a CD case on the floor...Make sure nothings just loose floating aroung in a compartment.

Unbelievable - after I read you post I was like - there isn't anything in the damn glove compartment but the manual. So I am driving home and I open the box and I noticed that the manual (which is the size of the old and new testaments together) and wrapped in leather is sitting on the shelf on the right side - I was like what the hell I'll take it out. No more ticking for the last 75 miles. Thanks for saving my sanity (at least in the short term). Really can't thank you enough. Drove to work 5:30 this am for 50 miles in complete and utter silence.

Clay

:blink: So now I'm the only one that's ever experienced this????? lol!

Clay

:blink: So now I'm the only one that's ever experienced this????? lol!

Sorry Trina - don't wory I am sure very quickly some stupid rattle will surface... I had that happen with a new )^ HOnda - had it 8 mons finally had to dump it - drove me nuts...but did get me into the Lexus

Sorry Trina - don't wory I am sure very quickly some stupid rattle will surface... I had that happen with a new )^ HOnda - had it 8 mons finally had to dump it - drove me nuts...but did get me into the Lexus

That happens with my 06 TSX as well. I usually just give a huge whack on that part of area :chairshot: And, of course, after a while, that doesn't work anymore.

So, yeah, it's pretty hard to spot that little noise, especially on the passenger side.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

clay1, I am glad that was an easy fix for you. ;)

Trina, sorry that wasn't your case. few more things I could think of for you.

- something under the passenger seat or door?

- contact surface betweent the a-piller and the dash? (try stuffing some kind of foam in between temperory to see if it goes away).

- Window stopper. Try with passenger window down at various height and see if that helps.

- Glove compartmet latch. Try with glove compartment open.

- blower. Try with fan on and off at various fan speed.

good luck!

clay1, I am glad that was an easy fix for you. ;)

Trina, sorry that wasn't your case. few more things I could think of for you.

- something under the passenger seat or door?

- contact surface betweent the a-piller and the dash? (try stuffing some kind of foam in between temperory to see if it goes away).

- Window stopper. Try with passenger window down at various height and see if that helps.

- Glove compartmet latch. Try with glove compartment open.

- blower. Try with fan on and off at various fan speed.

good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. My car situation has changed recently, my husband is driving the car now full-time, and I am driving my Prius (purchase of another car that isn't to be driven full-time). My husband is basically deaf (seriously, from flying and skydiving), so he doesn't hear any of the rattles. If I drive it, I just turn up the radio........ ;)