Should I Go For An '04?

1lola1

Thats a pretty good deal with the car just on dealer lots given a 40k MSRP. Given a $38.7k MSRP I agree could have done better.

The MSRP has me confused, corky do you have the actual window sticker for the car? Does it say $40311? Because thats not the MSRP we'd expect as Alan posted above. BY LAW they have to supply you the actual window sticker, its illegal to sell a vehicle without the sticker being included in the transaction. If the sticker says 40.3k, then somewhere there's a different MSRP then we've been getting from Lexus. If the sticker does not say 40.3k, and does indeed say 38.6k or you have no sticker, then the dealer has screwed you over by supplying you with a false MSRP price. This is a felony.

Wait a sec, does the car have chrome wheels? Duh, you said it has chrome wheels so nevermind :rolleyes:

I'll leave the above in just because its good information.

The chrome wheels are like a $1700 option and Lexus doesn't deal on them because they're somewhat rare. They'll just take them off your car and put them on another if you can't reach a deal. Thats where the extra price is coming from. You got a good deal then.

The dealer gave us the MSRP sticker $38,664. He added $1700 for the chrome wheels and then discounted to $37,026.. We probably did pay a premium as we were the first to buy a new '04 at the Bakersfield dealership but come on guys, how about a Congratulations, enjoy your new ride !

That was the jist of what I was saying, sorry I didnt get my point across. We're all so interested in the differences for 04 that I didnt even really realize that you actually have one. Whoops LOL

Congrats on the new ride! :cheers:

I also think you did quite well on the pricing...

I'd love to know if the thing has satellite radio, does it? Also have you used the navigation on the previous model, what do you think of the new system?

Ohhh yes......Congratulations on the new car.:)

On my previous posts I was just trying to make comparisons between ES's that have different options depending on where you're located. Here are the differences between the East Coast and the West coast. I thought that the top option package included chrome wheels, but I guess it's different in California. Therein lies the difference. :rolleyes:

East Coast

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio Package with Additional Options

$5,611.00

- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio Package

- High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Rain Sensing Wipers

- Heated Front Seats

- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)

- Wood and Leather Steering Wheel

- All-Season Tires with Chrome Wheels

- Power Rear Sun Shade

- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Trunk Mat, Cargo Net and Wheel Locks)

West Coast

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio Package with Additional Options

$6,344.00

- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio Package

- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)

- High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Rain Sensing Wipers

- Heated Front Seats

- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)

- Power Adjustable Accelerator and Brake Pedals

- Wood and Leather Steering Wheel

- Power Rear Sun Shade

- Cargo Net

- Trunk Mat

- Wheel Locks

It's not only the Nav/Lev options package that includes Chrome Wheels.....It's on ALL 6 options packages that Lexus offers for the '04 ES on the East Coast! It looks like Chrome Wheels ain't so special anymore. haha :D

P.S. When I went to Lexus.com I put in zip codes from various parts of the USA and the prices for the same packages varied a bit. :blink:

Corky,

Enjoy!

What's the story on the RX330 transmission. First that I've heard of the problem with that model. I've spoke to a few who say that it's so much better that the previous model, especially in stability and cornering. Does the same hold for the '04 ES?

It's not only the Nav/Lev options package that includes Chrome Wheels.....It's on ALL 6 options packages that Lexus offers for the '04 ES on the East Coast! It looks like Chrome Wheels ain't so special anymore. haha :D

P.S. When I went to Lexus.com I put in zip codes from various parts of the USA and the prices for the same packages varied a bit. :blink:

Well if I decide to upgrade to chrome wheels they'll be plenty of them out there LOL.

I've only seen 2 or 3 ever with chrome wheels.

The top options for the West coast, like Alan listed, are exactly what we have on our car. I wonder why the West coast, in their package, have AVS, Adjustable Accelerator and Brake pedals but not chrome wheels while the East coast is the reverse ? The chrome wheels we added make the car look even nicer and a spoiler will be added next week :)

Sorry no satellite radio and as far as the navigation we only had an after market StreetPilot III for our '98 es so we have no comparsion between the '03 and '04. My husband says the new car's navigation is super quick and really nice ! As for the transmission we tried to duplicate the conditions that have cause others their problems and our car is working well for us. I'm not saying they fixed the tran problem on the '04 but only that ours is working well.

what the heck??? my 03 fully loaded sticker price (without chrome rims) was $40,311. why is the 04 ES 330 cheaper? well, sticker price i mean, since i got mine for 33,500. but i would've thought that sticker price would be higher for the 04 than the 03... <_<

Nope, they surprised us and included about $1700 worth of options as standard, lowering the price.

yeah I Paid about $34.5, $5k off MSRP. couldn't have gotten into an 04 for that cash right now anyways. Makes me sleep better LOL.

Just picked up my '04 today. Absolutely incredible car. Runs great and gorgeous (alabaster with light graphite interior). I drove a dozen or so cars and nothing comes close. I hadn't drive the '04 before today, but it lives up to its promise. A little gutsier than the '03 and a few nice touches (two tone carpet mats, for example).

Well done, Lexus. :cheers: