Check Me Out!

I just got my ADR Sterling 18" rims put on with the Continental ExtremeContact 245/40 tires. I also had it L-tuned on Monday so I'm good to go. The car rides like a champ and looks tight too. I do feel a "wobble" or vibration at around 50-60 mph but I'm gonna check into the hub rings to fix that. Check me out:

New Rims

I'll get some better pics after the weekend.

NICE!  Looks good.  Where did you go to have it "l-tuned"?

I just took it to the dealer here in KC. Overall it cost me about $1000 for the L-tuned springs, ECU, and an alignment (about $500 for parts and $500 for labor), so I might have paid a little more than I should have but at least I have peice of mind knowing that they will fix anything that goes wrong. And I feel like I have a new car now.

It rained today so I took it our for a "spin" in my new shoes trying to test out the handling and it was down right unreal how it just hugs the road now. I went to a parking lot and tried to do some donuts or at least just see if it slipped at all and nothing...I felt like I was on a roller coaster...and this was on a wet surface too. Anyway, you can probably tell I'm a little amped up about it but now I just have to fix that vibration when it gets over 55 and I'll be straight. :D

Thanks for all the compliments by the way.

Did you drop your car???I have my car post up soon i just had 18 chrome and Eibach springs and new shocks for my car. :o

Yeah, I guess it was lowered about an inch when I got the L-tuned springs. I think the Eibach spring will drop it about an inch also.

re: ADR Wheels:

Did you have to recalibrate anything or is the tire/rim combo the same as what you had before? Did you lower the ride height at all? Are the tires rated for all weather or warmer weather only? Finally, what does the 'l-tuned' mean? I did a search on that an found nothing.

Thanks.

GS 400 owner

I WAS ABLE TO SEE MY TIRES BEING BALANCED (I HAVE THE SAME TIRES YOU DO) AND I NOTICED THAT ONE OF MINE WAS OUT OF ROUND. I HAD IT REPLACED FOR FREE (WARRANTY). SO IF YOU DIDN'T SEE YOURS BEING BALANCED, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK FOR AN O.O.R. PROBLEM (UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU NEED THE RINGS...) HOPE THIS HELPS, BECAUSE FIXING ONE TIRE IS ALOT EASIER AND CHEAPER THAN HUB-RINGS. YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT!

PS: LOOK FOR ALOT OF STICK ON WEIGHTS ON ONE OF YOUR WHEELS...THAT WILL BE A GOOD INDICATION. IN MY CASE, MY O.O.R. WHEEL TOOK 2 1/2 OZ. OF WEIGHTS!!!! AFTER IT WAS FIXED, IT TOOK ONLY 3/4 OZ.

;)

To answer rotorheadbob's questions:

I didn't have anything "recalibrated". I just went to 1010tires.com and used their calculator and compared the new rim/tire combo to the factory combo and it came out to be like .0069 percent larger so its almost exactly the same diameter. As far as L-tuned goes, I had the exact same questions...you can do a search on this site or just go to the official website, I think its www.l-tuned.com. But when you get the performance l-tuned springs your car gets lowered about 1 inch and it makes it handle like a new car. My tires are Continental ContiExtremeContact All-season high performance tires. They get a pretty good rating from tirerack.com so that's why I went with them...they are pretty affordable too with a good warranty. So far so good...they are a little bit noisier than I expected but are still more quiet than the stock tires.

to Rush48,

I was watching while they balanced and mounted the tires but I really didn't pay attention to the weights they applied. I will take a look the next time I drive to see if there are excessive weights on any of the tires. But when I had the tires mounted I had the guy double check the balancing because I got the rims so cheap I wanted make sure they weren't factory defects or something i.e. bent, warped, etc. They came out perfect so the guy told me he was 99% sure I needed Hub rings. So I ordered some yesterday...they were only $8 bucks for the alluminum ones so I don't think that's bad at all. I got them from DiscountTireDirect.com but I had to call them cuz they don't sell them on the web.

Hope this helps and thanks for the compliments! I will probably update my website with more pics this weekend after I have the car detailed.

Just got the Hub Rings put on yesterday and the car rides smooth as ever. It totally fixed the "wobble" problem at 50-60 mph. There is still a slight vibration but I think its because it wasn't balanced on the high speed balancer. I'll post pics after I wash it today...that is if I can get away from football...

Oh by the way...now I actually feel like my car is faster and while I was testing it out I got a freaking ticket...oh well, I'm not as mad as someone should be after getting a ticket.