98 Ecu Wiring Diagram

oslo

I searched the forum and the web thoroughly for an ECU wiring diagram for a 98 LS, but so far I have only come across the gen I ECU diagrams. I'm installing an SRT high flow intake system originally designed for a GS400, so my directions don't quite match up. Any help would be appreciated. I'll post some pics of the intake once all is said and done.

I really have to say i expected more from the instructions. Did you ask swift for further clarification as they do list it also for the LS400 as well. It would be nice if they labeled which sensors they are connecting to. Then i could cross reference my manuals for you.

I gave them a call the other day and they told me they don't install the chip onto the LS400. Because of this, they weren't able to give me any better instructions. I did however find a wiring diagram through the automotive hobbyists digital online library. I'm going to give swift another call today and find out what sensors are referenced in the instructions they provided, and hopefully along with the diagram I found I should be able to get things wired correctly. I'll keep you posted on my progress and get some pics of the intake up too.

(btw, I noticed also that the chip lists the LS400 and the SC400 as well)

Okay, talked to SRT and they told me that while the wire colors may not match up for the LS400, their positions will be the same. Also, sensor 1 is the mass air flow sensor, and sensor 2 is the throttle position sensor. I will wire up the ECU tonight and confirm this information.

Matched up all the positions marked on the instructions and everything seems to be working fine. Car has a boatload of power now. :cheers: This weekend I'll take some photos of everything (After I give the car a nice wash first, of course).

• 4 weeks later...
Not too bad , looks like you can fit a much bigger filter in there and gain a few extra ponies as well.

I take it you cannot use the stock engine over with the intake or the shroud ?

I could use the stock engine cover with the intake and shroud, but now that I have my strut bar in, there's no way it'll fit. And about a bigger filter, the one on there is the one that SRT included with the intake. It seems to me if a bigger filter would help, they would've just included it in the first place. Unless a bigger filter wouldn't fit into a GS?

I think AEM makes a new filter that does not require oil and has mulitple sizes to fit your enclosure for width height and length as well as diameter for the pipe.

That would be nice, as the one I have now doesn't require any oiling, and that's one of the things I like most about it. I'll check it out.

• 3 months later...