Anyone W/ A High Mileage Sc 430

Athena

I am considering the purchase of an SC 430 with 94K miles...does anyone have one with high miles who can share the problems encountered due to miles?

Thanks!

Cindy

Athena,

Looking forward to reaching a goal like that, however, I can relate my experience with a "hard-driven" SC 430. It is May 2007 now and I have owned my SC 430 since March 1, 2006. In that short period of time I have put 34,950 miles on the "velvet beast" with about 30 trips back and forth between LA and Phoenix (400+miles each way) and running in triple digits where feasible and no danger to anyone but moi. The SC 430 has the guts to take pounding and come back purring every time. I maintain the car at the fanatic level so it wants for nothing because it needs to be ready at a moment's notice. In the 14 months I have had NO problems and all adjustments were handled during regular maintenance. Two facts obtain -

1 - The Lexus engineers spared no amount of engineering to create the best built vehicle on the road.

2 - No matter what I have thrown at it there has been nothing but added reserve.

So, it does not meet your criteria for your prospect but, if there are immaculate maintenance records on your prospect, and the seller list is not long (as in the 95K+ were amassed without running as a taxicab), I would take it to a reputable mechanic to look it over and then get serious.

By-the-by, the Kelly Blue Book on an SC 430 with 95,000K+/- in Good condition is $27.8K.

Good Luck. :lol:

Frank

I am considering the purchase of an SC 430 with 94K miles...does anyone have one with high miles who can share the problems encountered due to miles?

Thanks!

Cindy

I just bought one with 130,000 on it and consider it good for at least 300k. The one I bought had been serviced very well, but had never had a timing belt. I took the engine down to replace the timing belt and was surprise how well the original looked, even with 130k on it. If you decide to have the timing belt replaced, it should be done at about 125k and let the toyota dealer do it for about half what a lexus dealer will charge. Same engine in some of the toyotas.... Buy it and enjoy... Clyde