Idiling

when starting my 99 ES300 in the morning for the first time, the engine stalls, i have to step on the gas peddle for about 2-3 minutes to keep the engine from stalling. can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

when starting my 99 ES300 in the morning for the first time, the engine stalls, i have to step on the gas peddle for about 2-3 minutes to keep the engine from stalling. can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

This is a common problem and can be fixed easily with no or little cost. The IACV is dirty and needs cleaning. The dirt blocks air intake during idling, causing the stall. IACV stands for Idle Air Control Valve. There is a cavity just in front of the throttle plate in the air intake path, which is the opening through which the IACV supplies air during idling.

To clean the IACV, I sprayed lots of throttle body cleaner in the cavity until it overflew. The overflown liquid was dirty black. I repeated this process several times until the cleaner overflown becomes clear. You can search the forum for "IACV" for more information. Theare are lots of posts about the topic.

Hope that helps.

Use search and type in Seafoam cleaner, you will see some posts on how to use it....Lots of believers in this product on this site...