Aftermarket Amp Rewiring...

caglo

I've searched and found some information, but nothing extremely helpful...

My Nak amp shorted out for the second time (gone through two amps) so now I'm looking to replace it with an aftermarket.

If anyone knows the best way to do this I would appreciate the help.

I'm also looking for a pin diagram for the wire harnesses that attach to the amp and cd changer...I have a 96 system.

Thanks a bunch,

caglo

I've searched and found some information, but nothing extremely helpful...

My Nak amp shorted out for the second time (gone through two amps) so now I'm looking to replace it with an aftermarket.

If anyone knows the best way to do this I would appreciate the help.

I'm also looking for a pin diagram for the wire harnesses that attach to the amp and cd changer...I have a 96 system.

Thanks a bunch,

caglo

Type BadBob in the "search" box at the bottom of the forum page. You will find a topic related to amp wiring. Scroll down to the 2nd to the last post and you will find some dialogue along with a couple of zipped attachments that contain the wiring diagrams that you are looking for. With reference to the dialogue, I have since ran the power to my aftermarket amps directly from the battery rather than tapping into wires as originally stated. As for your OEM amp shorting out, could be water leaking into the trunk. My '96 SC300 had the same problem. Good luck.