I Want To Put 22s On My 1999 Gs300, Do I Need Mods To Make Them Fit?

Why would you put 22's on a gs? If you wanan do that go get a buick or old school caddy or something and raise that bad boy, but not on a gs plz

Because he is a rapper.

ohhhhhhhhhh schnap, its been done!

22's on a gs is a joke :chairshot: , Right ? Maybe 28's :lol: ....................... Never anything bigger than 18's ;) .......... 22's even look funny on an escalade :censored: .....I suppose they would look ok on a covered wagon :wacko:

• 3 months later...
I just want to know if they will fit without mods, and if they won't what should i do. Should i lift it an inch or cut the fenders?

What is my best option and approximate price?

lol white boys and gs's....yes its possible ive done it to my gs :) its simple....you simply buy spacers for your car :) $50 for front $50 for rear and it lifts your car bout 2 inches :) then simply get the 22's and slap them on

post-20035-1187654050_thumb.jpg

after you slap them on.. you simply clown all them lil gs with 18's 19's and 20's lol

• 4 weeks later...

i have 22's on mines all you have to do is put spacers on your car which lifts your car up about 1 1/2 inch and thats it :) and to that one guy up above .. why 22''? simple.. no one in south central has lower than 20's if you do you get clowned!!

OK AMERICA EVERBODY LETS BUY 22'S FOR THE GS BECAUSE THIS WILL MAKE OUR LIFE BETTER AND THINGS WILL BE GREAT. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

PUT SOME STOCKS ON THAT BITCHHHHHHHHH

PUTTIN WAGON WHEELS ON THAT SICK !Removed! CAR IS BEING A CLOWN GET IT GOT IT PATNAZZZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just want to know if they will fit without mods, and if they won't what should i do. Should i lift it an inch or cut the fenders?

I have a gs300 1998, i just bougtht 22 inch rims, 8.5 wide, with 245 30 22's and went to put them on yesterday and they did not fit, BECAUSE they hit the A-arm, so now i am going to try and put spacers on it,too see if that will work, in turn i also have to get longer bolts. i will let u know how it goes, i am trying to avoid having to lift the car if at all possible. I am planning on cutting out the splash guards and other objects in the way.

I have a gs300 1998, i just bougtht 22 inch rims, 8.5 wide, with 245 30 22's and went to put them on yesterday and they did not fit, BECAUSE they hit the A-arm, so now i am going to try and put spacers on it,too see if that will work, in turn i also have to get longer bolts. i will let u know how it goes, i am trying to avoid having to lift the car if at all possible. I am planning on cutting out the splash guards and other objects in the way.

I actually take offense to sharing the road with someone who has done this to their car - it is a safety hazard to ME. Such a car has greatly diminished maneuverability (wouldn't be surprised if one drove over the guardrail of a curved bridge simply because the turn was too sharp for those boxed-in front wheels…) These tires also blow out more easily and will cause the driver in such circumstances to lose more control over his raised, high-center-of-gravity vehicle than if he had been using factory spec wheels and tires. If that person happens to have his blow-out ahead of me on the highway, well, that endangers ME and my passengers, and anyone else behind the driver.

I think low-profile wheels and tires should be banned from normal vehicles.

I actually take offense to sharing the road with someone who has done this to their car - it is a safety hazard to ME. Such a car has greatly diminished maneuverability (wouldn't be surprised if one drove over the guardrail of a curved bridge simply because the turn was too sharp for those boxed-in front wheels…) These tires also blow out more easily and will cause the driver in such circumstances to lose more control over his raised, high-center-of-gravity vehicle than if he had been using factory spec wheels and tires. If that person happens to have his blow-out ahead of me on the highway, well, that endangers ME and my passengers, and anyone else behind the driver.

I hope you are kidding, considering that probably 80% of people in there 20s drive home drunk every weekend, I could think of alot more things to be OFFENDED about. what a joke

And there is no such thing as a low profile wheel drrrrrr

16 inch wheels were the largest available on the 98 GS300. Although bplaney was harsh in his comments, I somewhat agree with him. I regard doing a "plus six" wheel size on any car as ... well, more suitable for a car that is never driven more than 20 or 30 miles per hour and is considered more of a conversation piece than an automobile to drive in the real world.

I hope you are kidding, considering that probably 80% of people in there 20s drive home drunk every weekend, I could think of alot more things to be OFFENDED about. what a joke

And there is no such thing as a low profile wheel drrrrrr

You're right - I should have said "low profile tires" - but there is only one kind of wheel/rim that accommodates such tires, so I suppose it can be also called "low profile".

And you're also right that I could/should be "offended" by people who drive drunk, but at least there are potential penalties for doing so. There are no prohibitions or penalties for turning your car into an even more dangerous killing weapon than it already is. THAT is offensive. I am certain the tire and rim industry are both absolutely complicit in the gradual evolution of tires and wheels for certain cars that used to have "normal" tires and wheels to the low-profile variety. I am sure their revenues are enhanced by the higher replacement cost and shorter life of such tires, and the certain ruination of the wheel upon getting a flat.

Can you even purchase a sports BMW, or Astin Martin, or Lexus without low profile tires/wheels? These are now standard equipment!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude I have a 99 gs300 on 22. N I only had to cut some wheel well guard. Goodluck n my wagon wheels look great on my lex.

One more thing get some spring spacers. Not sure what the correct term is but they go on the back set of spring so u don't rub when u go over the speed bumps u need a set for each side

IMG_0559.JPG

22's on any Lexus is straight ghetto!!! What are you trying to prove that your ballin??? Please your just showing that your ghetto as hell!!! Just like Jay-Z said 20" rims "WE OFF THAT" just get the OEM chrome wheels much nicer & clean look C'mon Son! step your game up!!

Dude I have a 99 gs300 on 22. N I only had to cut some wheel well guard. Goodluck n my wagon wheels look great on my lex.

One more thing get some spring spacers. Not sure what the correct term is but they go on the back set of spring so u don't rub when u go over the speed bumps u need a set for each side

IMG_0559.JPG

Dude stop fuuckn round with 22s dont be doin a halfass job n doit rite with killer krom 26s like thees:

26inchrims.jpg

26inchrims3.jpg

aint nothin so kool like lookin overtop o the lowriderz!