Doomed?

bm1139

guys i need urgent help..came limping home last night,it just refuse to accelarate pass 50kph and a strong rattling noise was heard, parked and it smells burning/unburn gas when i opened the bonnet..minutes later,some smoke (hot water mist to be precise)starts to rise from the back of the engine near the egr pipe..puzzled as the temp meter looked normal. took my rest and pray hard.this morning when i crank the car up, to my horror there was this metal bearing grinding/rat-tat-tat noise that seems to be coming out from the lower rear of the engine.(engine n tranny area).shut it down immediately n check the engine oil,trnny oil..no issue here n i crank it up again but still that fearful noise persist. no white/odd smoke from the exhaust though but it refuse to rev pass 2000rpm. and mis-fires.. i know that the water-pump is failling (pools of water/bubbling sound) but i think this is Dead Serious..do shed some lights cos most of the spares for my car is not available in my location.

...sounds like a bad misfire. similar symptoms happened when I had a full service done to a '90 by my mechanic and one of the wires from ignition coil to distributor was knicked and/or defective and I lost a whole bank of cylinders on my way home. absolutely no power, but didn't shut down on its own.

...sounds like a bad misfire. similar symptoms happened when I had a full service done to a '90 by my mechanic and one of the wires from ignition coil to distributor was knicked and/or defective and I lost a whole bank of cylinders on my way home. absolutely no power, but didn't shut down on its own.

thank u for your quick response...was getting worried and decided to jack-up the car and crank it up...guess what?it sounds like someone is trapped inside the right cat resonator..thats why all that rat-tat-tat..strange enough the noise disappear after 15mins but the idling was way too low and it behaves like what you have explained...no power to the right bank cycl.will check the o2 sensor first thing tomorrow and take a look at the wires afterthat...other opinions?