Dog Bone, Tranmission Fluid & Air Filter

amanda

shockingly, i've found the dog bone. i think it looks ok, but how can i be sure? some ribbed tubing was split in the middle, though. but it looked like it only housed wires. so should i assume that's ok too?

---------------

so i gather that the transmission fluid being too high is bad. what damages can it cause?

--------------

i think i've finally figured out where the air filter is. it's to the right of the engine when standing after popping the hood, right?

i think it looked pretty clean. very white and only few specks here and there. so i assume that means the filter isn't a problem, right?

thanks again, everybody.

the ribbed thing

is a wire loom they are all over the car

and are made to have a spilt down the mddle no problem there

when checking an air filter

hold it up to a light

if it doesn't let alot of light through then it won't let air in either

sounds like you are on track

ok now i see what you meant about the trans fluid.yes thats bad!get it drained and refilled to the proper level before something bad happens like you blow a seal or worse!

the ribbed tubing is just a cover for wires and its split so you can fit the wires inside it so thats perfectly normal.

now for the dog bone!the easy way to tell if its bad is look at the rubber around the inside of it and see if its all cracked up and if so then its bad.another way to check is have someone inside the car and have them put there foot on the brake and put it in drive then slowly push the gas pedal back and forth and look and see if the mount is poping back and forth as there hitting the gas.hope this help you out!!! :D

i forgot to answer the over filling part

basicaly if you overfill the oil

for the engine

it will cause splashing which causes oil foaming and cavataition meaning the oil can no longer do its job

also reduces it heat diapation properties and uses more gas as it it is moving against the oil now when the crank turns and dips in the oil pan

in the tranny it will basically do the same but manily only make air bubbles

CAUTION: Do not overfill the transmission. Too much fluid can cause the fluid to foam, which in turn can lead to erratic shifting, oil starvation and transmission damage. Too much fluid may also force ATF to leak past the transmission seals

i think me and sk both got it right!drain it before you lose your trans!just a tip :D